Last day live 10/7

Kane_b

Six Pointer
Getting all set up on public land today. Who else is out today? A little bit hot but gonna see if we can't snag some woodies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kane_b

Six Pointer
Hit 2 and I think they drowned themselves, could not find them

Troutbum82

Twelve Pointer
3ec7bbf77193d5b6137d75427d1bbb27.jpg

valetroutfisherman

Ten Pointer
Well it was an interesting last day of the first session duck hunting. We started out early so we can get into the river and set up a temporary blind. But about a quarter mile down the river the boat motor starts to mess up an overheat. So here we are at 5:15 in the morning sitting in the middle of the river no motor no trolling motor. Got the motor to cool down and figured out that the water pump probably stop working so we're going to try to get the motor started enough to get us down to where we were going to hunt and then try to limp the boat back to the boat ramp after the hunt was over. But that didn't work out either so we got the paddles out and we're going to paddle back to the boat ramp. When we saw a boat get in the water at the boat ramp and was coming our way and it just so happens it was another duck hunter. Anyway he stopped to see how we were doing we said not good, that we needed a tow and he asked us if we wanted to go with him where he was going to hunt. So anyway he towed us with him to where he was going to hunt. So we end up hunting together . we ended up getting 6 wood ducks and one mallard and also we saw three groups of 4 to 5 wood ducks fly over us to high to shoot so it ended up being a great hunting day despite all the trouble we had. And we gotta a new duck hunting buddy to boot.

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk

CountryRN

Twelve Pointer
Great story. Good to see duck hunters working together instead of yelling tough luck as they speed by.

shurshot

Ten Pointer
3ec7bbf77193d5b6137d75427d1bbb27.jpg

Nice pic, troutbum, of dry ducks! Can't stand to see a pile of saturated, non identifiable birds that obviously were thrown in the bottom of a wet boat or left lying on a marsh/swamp bottom, etc. to absorb water like a sponge. I admire the beauty of the birds just as much when cleaning them as I do when when I take them from my dog's mouth. Doesn't take a lot of thought on how to keep them looking pretty.

Rant over ...😊

Attachments

• IMG_2768.jpg
    IMG_2768.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 109

Smitty010203

Twelve Pointer
Nice pic, troutbum, of dry ducks! Can't stand to see a pile of saturated, non identifiable birds that obviously were thrown in the bottom of a wet boat or left lying on a marsh/swamp bottom, etc. to absorb water like a sponge. I admire the beauty of the birds just as much when cleaning them as I do when when I take them from my dog's mouth. Doesn't take a lot of thought on how to keep them looking pretty.

Rant over ...😊

Although I dont think I have ever actually acknowledged it I have felt this way about the ducks and completely agree. well said.. .