Creek Boat m80

gnorris74

Spike
Thinking about getting a m80, I've read every post on here and many other forums about them, but I need more information. How are they for hunting and fishing? Mostly small water on Norman. Anyone have a used one they can let go?

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
Get something else if you want to use it for fishing only. It's main purpose is a light weight vessel for dragging in to a swamp. I've tried mine with a turkey chair and almost turned it over when trying to pull myself through some over hanging tree branches using one of the branches. I quit using the turkey chair after that. The only time I ever fished out of one was when I had outriggers on it and that didn't work well either.

duckhunterwst

Eight Pointer
Get you and Old Town Discovery 119 and have a duck, deer, and one hec of a fishing boat!! Oh yeah, you can paint it camo too!! Light weight and many different seat mods on the internet. I put 23 slab crappies in mine this morning while seeing two deer, a bunch of geese, and a few ducks for what it is worth!!��

CountryRN

Twelve Pointer
The M98 provides a right stable boat but it too is mostly for swamp and shallow water transport. I use mine as a layout boat for hunting. I usually paddle from a kneeling position which is effective. I have had it in some small rapids while floating a couple river runs and it handled ok but still not what I would want for big water.
Fowlplayin on here can speak for the m80 vs the 98 better as one of his close buddies has an 80 and hunts with him often.

fowlplay'n

Twelve Pointer
If a creekboat is what you want just forget the M80 and get the M98 which is a tad bit longer and has a transom for a trolling motor. As some others have already stated it isn't the perfect all around vessel but it's pretty dang perfect for dragging into swamps and short creek floats. A sit on top kayak may better fit your needs and will paddle much easier if you plan to cover any real distance on still waters.

JD1107

I'd go with the m10 if you plan on mostly fishing out of it. You can order them with the open hull so you have more space which is nice when hunting. I've had two m10's and would buy another over the smaller models.

Last edited:

dixiedeerslayer

Ten Pointer
I use my m80 alot. Very lightweight and great for short trips. Doesn't track good at all, but that's really not what I got it for. I am going to buy the m10 next and pass my 80 on to my wife. Love mine and it has never let me down, done everything I have needed it for.

Last edited:

CountryRN

Twelve Pointer
The M98 blind is finished. The creekboats are easy to hide. Get the larger boat if you can. You will appreciate the extra room and stability.
20171009_155505.jpg

Attachments

• 20171009_155634.jpg
    20171009_155634.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 93