10/6

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Beautiful morning to be in the woods. Squirrels are out in full force

Today is my 44th Anniversary, don't get any better when the little woman tells you to have fun and be careful.
d9838a6bd2ac38ee1428219555c3b97c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Redneck Rocker Dude

Old Mossy Horns
Good luck to everybody. Mapping 350 acres worth of cutovers+heat+full moon+meat already in the freezer I'm gonna spend some quality time with my papa and try to catch a couple fish this evening... may go in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UncleFester

Old Mossy Horns
I sat till 9:30am this morning then back in around 11am till 3:30pm, but didn't see a thing today. Going to a HS Football game tonight, but will give it a whirl in the morning.

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Up in Halifax....rattling a little to see what stirs if anything....... Sitting over a bean field in shorts and a t shirt....thermacell just a puffin away

karak_himal_trekker

Forgot my thermacell. I heard what seemed like grunting a while ago. Haven't seen anything yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lucky Clucker

Old Mossy Horns
Shot at a buck around 7 as I was putting out corn,not sure if I hit him,cannot fond any blood where he ran,never heated a crash,gong check in the morning, Hoped I missed I was not,to,steady.

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Shot at a buck around 7 as I was putting out corn,not sure if I hit him,cannot fond any blood where he ran,never heated a crash,gong check in the morning, Hoped I missed I was not,to,steady.

Any trees behind where he was standing? If you did hit him, I hope you find him. If not, good on you anyway for making certain. Good luck.

ncstatehunter

Twelve Pointer
First hunt of the year = first doe of the year. Average sized doe for Upstate SC public land, shot her around 7:10-15 this evening. Had a huge one that was with it (didn't know til that one crashed) stare at me get ready to climb down I had dead to rights but I didn't want to tag out on public land does 3 hours into the start of my season.

Last edited:

Lucky Clucker

Old Mossy Horns
Any trees behind where he was standing? If you did hit him, I hope you find him. If not, good on you anyway for making certain. Good luck.

A few some small owned betweeyus and foliage.wed trying to hit him at the front of the shoulder. Off hand ,bad eyes and fine crosshairs,lol.