Hunters beware

bigG

Eight Pointer
So this AM while hunting blewett falls area i witness 3 supposedly duck hunters shooting ducks while running full speed..Not once but 3 times.Burns my butt but hey I got your boat # an friend got your tag . I was more than happy to pass that info along!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Hydemarsh

Six Pointer
So this AM while hunting blewett falls area i witness 3 supposedly duck hunters shooting ducks while running full speed..Not once but 3 times.Burns my butt but hey I got your boat # an friend got your tag . I was more than happy to pass that info along!!!!!!!!!!!

good work, hope they get prosecuted.

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but that would be a misdemeanor and unless witnessed by an LEO there isn't anything that can be done. With that said, if you have the incident on video then it's a horse of a different color.
As sad as it seems the people that do this sort of stuff rarely get caught let alone prosecuted.

fowlplay'n

Twelve Pointer
Wow! The stories that y'all tell from these public lakes get crazier every year. Glad we don't have any big open waters here so we don't get big crowds with dummies like that running around.

nchunter

Twelve Pointer
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but that would be a misdemeanor and unless witnessed by an LEO there isn't anything that can be done. With that said, if you have the incident on video then it's a horse of a different color.
As sad as it seems the people that do this sort of stuff rarely get caught let alone prosecuted.

True, but enforcement will be looking for that truck/boat next time and there's a good chance they'll do it again and get caught.
Good deal getting the boat numbers and truck plate.

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I always hate seeing someone intentionally break the law. Good job on turning them in. What really burns MY butt is folks doing illegal stuff that can get somebody else in trouble. I went camping in the Uwharries a few weekends ago, around a pond in the National Forest. I found where corn had been dumped in one end of the pond. Now, what would be the result of some hapless, innocent hunter who shows up at the pond with Mr. Green Jeans behind a bush? That would be a double whammy. Baiting ducks, and baiting on game lands. It really makes me leery of duck hunting on public waters. 6 measly ducks (IF I got luckier than I've ever been) ain't worth all my other hunting!

I e-mailed the wildlife officer in Montgomery County when I got home. However, I've not heard back from him.

Greenhorn

Six Pointer
Bunch of yahoos in duck hunting. I'm sure they felt pressure to produce some glory shots for social media. Gotta get some ducks at all cost!! Show how awesome we are at hunting!!!

The older I get, the more I want to move out to the middle of nowhere and get the hell a way from most people.

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
Bunch of yahoos in duck hunting. I'm sure they felt pressure to produce some glory shots for social media. Gotta get some ducks at all cost!! Show how awesome we are at hunting!!!

The older I get, the more I want to move out to the middle of nowhere and get the hell a way from most people.

on point, Grab the face paint and token hat for the pic.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
good work, hope they get prosecuted.
They can't be prosecuted off that report.

If someone had videoed them in the act then an officer could cite them and the people doing the videoing would also have to testify in court.

Last edited:

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
Your intentions are great but more than likely nothing will ever come from it. And if you think they’ll be looking for them in the future, I doubt that happens. But keep on keepin on. Maybe one day.

dixiedeerslayer

Ten Pointer
We got to the spot we planned to hunt at 5:30. At 6:30 a group of seven walked within 75yards. Got 10 yards apart in a straight line in front of us. Although perfectly legal very unethical. Needless to say Saturday was a bust!

Mallard Cutter

Six Pointer

+ 1 on this