Lighter climbing stand

5 Shot

Ten Pointer
I have been looking for a lighter and quieter climbing stand for hunting the hills of Ohio. I have an API for years that I love but its heavy. I weighed it at 26lbs. After lots of searching the Treewalker seems to be a good looking stand with the features I'm looking for with lots of good reviews. I was just wondering if anyone has one or tried one.

5 Shot

Ten Pointer
Is there somewhere to buy them here in nc or do order from the factory. I just need something not so heavy but something that will hold me at 285lbs

Newsome Road

Ten Pointer
You can shave about five pounds with a good aluminum summit. And I can vouch for the fact that you CAN sit all day in one if you really need to. Very comfortable. If you want to go lighter than that I can't help you. Sorry.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Love my tree walker. You need to get good shoulder straps though. The ones that come with are junk

DOEKILLER

Eight Pointer
Summit for me... weight don't matter imma carry it regardless if I need it... the one thing about bieng a machinegunner has tought me to apply in civilian world😂😂

30/06

Twelve Pointer
Tree walker or lone wolf. Tree walker is more comfortable. Lone wolf packs better but I don't like hunting out of them. As was said upgrade the straps and add Summit stirrups.

kingsize

Four Pointer
I used to have a Summit but hunt out of a Lone Wolf now. The LW packs better, is quieter and is lighter. It is not as comfortable as the Summit though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dolfan21

Ten Pointer
If you realllllly want light and will sacrifice a little comfort, check out the Millenium M7 microlite.

Its 8.5 pounds but of course when something is that light you know its probably not going to be the biggest/most comfortable. If you find your self doing more hiking/scouting than sitting, the trade off may be worth it. I mean, you could carry two of these for the weight of one 'regular' hang on stand.

I dont have one so cant speak from experience, but I do so much public land hunting on unfamiliar ground that I am considering picking one up. Probably wouldnt want to use it for all day sit though. I have to say with all the treewalker recommendations I might have to check them out.

**Sorry, just realized you were looking for a climber, not a hang on. Sorry about that.

Last edited:

brucesmith0817

Six Pointer
Get an ok,man comfortable ,easy to pack ,an really safe ,tree walker looksike they copied it ok,man been around cor years I have 4 of them

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
I have a summit and lone wolf. The summit is way more comfortable and the lone wolf is lighter and more compact for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I have a Tree Walker. Care to share the brand/name of the shoulder straps you bought to replace the factory ones.

If I knew I would be happy to share, been several years since I bought them. Found some that did not have clips to make noise.

nchunter2

Eight Pointer
Find a used tree saddle and 3-4 lone wolf climbing sticks and you'll have a zero noise solution that ways around 10lbs. Can hunt any tree you can climb in to. Haven't used a climber in years since i started using the saddle. Decent for rifle hunting and absolutely deadly when deer hunting.

badlandbucks

Ten Pointer
I love my Lone wolf climber. I rarely use it. It stays in the back of my truck once hunting season starts so I always have an option to grab it if I need it. Only used it twice last year. It is super lightweight and quiet. I have the hand climber, not the sit-n-climb

blackheel

Twelve Pointer
Love my Lone Wolf climber. I actually can get it attached to my backpack which makes it easy as pie to get into the woods.