Archery Only Swan Hunt at Conmans

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
My son and I are in. Please post if you are interested. The date is 1/13/18 which is the Saturday before MLK day. I plan to stay the night at Conmans. Mike can comment on how many archers he can accommodate in the ditch and in the cabins.

Last edited:

Mike Noles aka conman

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
The date is good. I've got access to over 20,000 acres of swan territory, so if the group gets that big, we can separate out in a close area.

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
[video=youtube;L20YPSAHvpE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L20YPSAHvpE&index=30&list=UU0ynbyMn9CFBXxIt3l8XQow[/video]

To get you psyched up. Skip to 8:15 to see what you have to look forward to with a bow.

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Definitely interested in bow only...last year I tried for short while with bow but had to opt to shotgun since my daughter was cold

She will have waders this year!

ridenismo

Six Pointer
let me talk to a few buddies, i know they just bought arrows specifically for shooting a swan with a bow.

reelly1

I may be interested in coming to photograph and video that hunt. Let me know if possible.

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
My son and I will also be videoing the hunt. Contact Conman for cost. There is a hunt fee and if you choose to stay at his place then there is also fees for lodging.

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
OK I need confirmation for all those that are bowhunting on 1/13/18 and staying at Conman's the night before. The cost for the hunt and lodging the night before is $150. In order to confirm you will need to add your name to the list and send a PM to Conman with your reservation.
Snakeskinner lodging and hunt
Snakeskinner Jr lodging and hunt

Last edited:

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
how many are we looking at? Myself and 2 buddies are interested in the archery but we have up to 4 others who have tags. Basically I don't want to over crowd it especially trying to get the most opportunities with the bow.

Last edited:

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
If I count your whole crowd and my two and Helium then that is 10 which might be a good cap but that is up to Conman. If we don't fill a ditch with archers then he will have to book a gun party in a different location. They will also be seeking lodging probably so lodging is important to get resolved early. Conman might have to ok anyone that wants to go that is not a hunter.

Last edited:

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
If I count your whole crowd and my two and Helium then that is 10 which might be a good cap but that is up to Conman. If we don't fill a ditch with archers then he will have to book a gun party in a different location. They will also be seeking lodging probably so lodging is important to get resolved early. Conman might have to ok anyone that wants to go that is not a hunter.

Count me out for the archery only hunt... change of plans

I'm going down for the Annual hunt on the 14-15th

Thanks

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
how many are we looking at? Myself and 2 buddies are interested in the archery but we have up to 4 others who have tags. Basically I don't want to over crowd it especially trying to get the most opportunities with the bow.

Since Helium is out I believe there will be plenty of room for all of you. Need to get in touch with Conman soon though.

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
snakeskinner, is there enough shooting room for a longbow or would a shorter recurve work better? I'm interested....

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
snakeskinner, is there enough shooting room for a longbow or would a shorter recurve work better? I'm interested....

I will probably take my recurve at 56" but I also have a longbow that I had considered but I have not shot it much. Woodmoose used a Bear Montana in years past. I know we will be in a ditch and if it is the one we were in last year and the year before then you should be able to shoot a longbow. Watch my videos and see what you think.