Hard to get motivated

302cj

Old Mossy Horns
When this is only thing on camera for last 3 months.IMG_1542.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
I have more spotted deer than anything else. So it seems there was a good crop of fawns this year. There was 5 of them in one pic.
Camera date is wrong, gotta fix that.
MFDC0129.jpg

Last edited:

302cj

Old Mossy Horns
^^^^^ I have few of them also. Not going to shoot the mamas cause I'm scared the little ones won't make.

bowhnter88

Six Pointer
keep positive man...I've had a ton of does on camera and 1 spike like the last month and a half or more......and I went sunday evening and had a really nice 9 pt come through and another rack buck. Just because you don't have pictures of them doesn't mean they aren't there. Especially if the camera is on corn. These bucks were eating acorns.

Last edited:

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
Also, if there are no bucks now, wait for the rut. That's how it is at my place. November.

302cj

Old Mossy Horns
Thanks guys but this is normal here. Only 1 decent buck on camera since I've been living here 14 years! I could understand if I was hunting 500 acres that I wouldn't see everything on camera. With only 6 acres and 1 trail through it I'm rather sure I'm getting all them on camera.

302cj

Old Mossy Horns
Thanks guys but this is normal here. Only 1 decent buck on camera since I've been living here 14 years! Only had cameras for 10 years though. I could understand if I was hunting 500 acres that I wouldn't see everything on camera. With only 6 acres and 1 trail through it I'm rather sure I'm getting all them on camera.

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
You might be surprised, 302cj, we've got a few cameras on over 30 acres and have yet to capture mama bear and her cubs. I know they're there because I've seen them, and still see their poop. I saw a buck Saturday, eating acorns behind one of our cameras. Hes not had a picture taken yet. Neighbors hunting adjacent property have seen some nice ones coming in and out of ours and we've yet to get them on film. I just put out corn this week though, to supplement our 4 week old clover. That may help. They're not used to a food plot, or corn on ours, so what we've seen up to now is just natural travel on a few random locations.

brucesmith0817

Six Pointer
I can tell cameras don't pick up all the deer I seen them walk in front of them pull the card ,no picture an more than one time I,'ve had this happen

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Yeah, but what's worse is when you get the picture and never saw them walk in front of you. I uh... have a friend who that has happened to.

Banjo

Old Mossy Horns
I think that is a problem with having cameras out. Some folks base their hunt on what they see on an sd card.

I know hunters that have killed deer that they never saw on camera. Just because they don’t step in front of your camera doesn’t mean they are not there.

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
I only have 1 camera on the corn pile. All other cameras are on trails and rub spots from last year running thru an acorn grove. Still only seeing small bucks.
Have been getting some pics of turkeys. One on the far left has a nice looking beard.

MFDC0113 (1).jpg

Cyperry

Ten Pointer
Contributor
It’s not uncommon for folks to have 3 or 4 cameras on one corn pile. It’s amazing what comes by to check things out with out coming in. Especially deer that aren’t homebodies.

302cj

Old Mossy Horns
Just got back from pulling card. That same little buck layed in front of camera for 52 minutes last Tuesday night.

brucesmith0817

Six Pointer
I think that is a problem with having cameras out. Some folks base their hunt on what they see on an sd card.

I know hunters that have killed deer that they never saw on camera. Just because they don’t step in front of your camera doesn’t mean they are not there.
Yes an just because they get in front of the camera doesn't always mean you got a picture. Had a nice 10 pt come in the other afternoon stayed 40 minutes never could get a clear shot at 30 yds. I watched him walk off to dark to shot.stayed in front of the camera the whole time but he was only a couple of feet from it off to one side.I just knew l had plenty pictures of him .I pulled the card next day didn't have picture of him other than his butt.I seen them in the camera before daylight feeding an not get pictures if they don't make quick movements a lot of time they want trigger the camera.so cameras don't catch everyone that comes by.

302cj

Old Mossy Horns
Yes an just because they get in front of the camera doesn't always mean you got a picture. Had a nice 10 pt come in the other afternoon stayed 40 minutes never could get a clear shot at 30 yds. I watched him walk off to dark to shot.stayed in front of the camera the whole time but he was only a couple of feet from it off to one side.I just knew l had plenty pictures of him .I pulled the card next day didn't have picture of him other than his butt.I seen them in the camera before daylight feeding an not get pictures if they don't make quick movements a lot of time they want trigger the camera.so cameras don't catch everyone that comes by.

Yeah I know. Saw a little cow horn headed to the corn yesterday while feeding out goats.

luckybuck

Old Mossy Horns
I only have 1 camera on the corn pile. All other cameras are on trails and rub spots from last year running thru an acorn grove. Still only seeing small bucks.
Have been getting some pics of turkeys. One on the far left has a nice looking beard.

View attachment 57095
I want this camera! It tells you what is going to be there in the future!!! lol ;)

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
I want this camera! It tells you what is going to be there in the future!!! lol ;)

I see these turkeys every fall in the block of woods behind me. When spring comes they move back farther to the Pulp wood land before it was clear cut. Now they head to some hay fields.. POSTED of course farther back.