Seeing any birds?

kahunter

Eight Pointer
Anyone seen much. Scouted sunday and saw some wood ducks at two different spots (one public one private) but was unimpressed. Hoping this cool weather changes things a bit but doesnt sound like much is going on in NC at the moment.

JD1107

Haven't really scouted anything but the swamp on my lease. Should be able to scratch out a wood duck limit with some bonus geese if they fly right.

terriblehunter

Button Buck
The swamp on my lease is bone dry and the impoundments here arent much better. Saw a single wood duck fly over on jordan the other day. Not even many cormorants down there, but tons of cranes...

Last edited:

nekkedducker

Ten Pointer
Sitting in the treestand saturday morning and a couple dozen mallards piled into the swamp. They just showed up this week, and its normally a wood duck hole with the occasional mallard. So thats a little unusual.

JD1107

Sitting in the treestand saturday morning and a couple dozen mallards piled into the swamp. They just showed up this week, and its normally a wood duck hole with the occasional mallard. So thats a little unusual.

Hope they stick around for ya. Wish my schedule allowed me to hunt more then one day during the first split.

kahunter

Eight Pointer
We go all 4 days. We usually scratch out a few. Will have to work for it but we will find something hopefully

bpitcher

Button Buck
Ran the river the other day and found a few. One of my favorite swamps is dry though. We need some rain...

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
Haven't seen much on the lake the few times I've been by to scout after deer hunting the mornings. Haven't even looked at the impoundment yet. My best bet is looking to be to float for some woodies