One day to hunt for a big buck in NC, what would the date be?

darenative

Twelve Pointer
Halloween. I think I've had more encounters and pics of quality bucks during daylight over the years than any other date.

TrickyTross

Six Pointer
Be the first year we get to hunt the rut up here in WNC. I cant give a time, but I feel like that week before Christmas will be alright, so I’ll say December 18, give me some snow in higher elevations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

getTwisted

Ten Pointer
August 20th cause that when I see all those guys on solid patterns in bachelor groups lol. Now we just gotta legalize it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Triggermortis

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Depends on where you are in the state.

When I lived in the southeastern part of the state it usually fell toward the end of October.
Since I moved to the Piedmont, it falls about a week later. 1st week in November.

But the best time to kill a buck on any day is the first day you sit on a particular stand.

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Oct 24. Was just talking about that date earlier today oddly enough... by trail cams, that day seems to be the day that I always get new big bucks on camera.

I'll make sure to be out on Oct 23 and 25th. Not sure which direction they are coming from but they need to cross cherry grove at some point.

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
NW Mountains from Yancey County to Ashe and in between.... Nov. 4th
Foothills...Burke/McDowell area... December 12th...
Northern Piedmont. Allegheny/Surry/Stokes...Dec. 5th...

Just based on the past 10 years of observation/success of my friends and I.

BigGun1

Eight Pointer
Dec. 21!!! I have taken 3 of my 5 wall hangers on this date. And two notable mentions on Dec. 31.