Lack of deer

rlhans00

Spike
Is anyone seeing a lack of deer on your property this season? Over the past 15 years I have had plenty of deer every season but this year it just seems to be one doe and her fawn. It's not a huge property, only 25 acres but has everything they need. It just doesn't make a lot of sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luv2Boutdoors!

Ten Pointer
I'm hunting a new club this year. I've been out 6 sits and have seen zero deer. One of the guys got a nice 8 pointer with his bow

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
I've seen way more than i expected for this early in time season actually, and on public land above all. 12 deer in 6 sits.

Last edited:

kingsize

Four Pointer
I've been out 5 times so far on the gamelands and have seen zero deer. Hoping to put one down before gun season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stilker

Old Mossy Horns
It's been slow here but there's a hundred acres of some of the best soybeans I've seen in several years nearby so they don't have to travel much.

Scalf

Eight Pointer
I've seen 3 does all out of bow range so far. This mountain hunting is super frustrating and tough. Wish I had private land where I could corn lol

GotNoRules

Ten Pointer
Been lucky for me so far. Last year hardly saw a thing during bow season. This year I have seen lots of deer and have had a good start so far.

I've only bee one morning. Almost killed a buck with the car on the way there, and jumped two doe in the dark approaching my spot. Nothing during daylight, but they're out there.

smilliganqb

Eight Pointer
Lots of deer on camera up until September 4th-6th then they split up. I've had 5 sits so far, 3 in the morning, 2 in the evening and have not seen a deer...I know they are there though.

maz

Button Buck
Get off the corn piles and hunt the acorns! Yes, this requires more work but that is where the deer are right now.

brucesmith0817

Six Pointer
Saw 27 bucks so far an plenty of does only hunted I day without seeing a deer hunted about every day

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

brucesmith0817

Six Pointer
Saw 27 bucks so far an plenty of does only hunted I day without seeing a deer hunted about every day

Sighting from 2 o my stands one on each end of field
dfda8bdf722094c3797aed3163819181.jpg

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Nice.....you have killed some good ones!

What part of the state do you hunt?

sent from...... Tapatalk

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Guilford Co. has been kind to you bsmith, congrats and hope you get many more.

sent from...... Tapatalk

Zombie1978

I have been 3 times so far on the farm I hunt. Shot the only deer I have seen. Normally I have seen a bunch of deer but this year they are not here.