Another slob hunter thread....

Ho ace

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I was on a bike ride this morning through Umstead park and heading to Lake Crabtree when the smell hit me then I noticed about 20 buzzards on a deer carcass on the side of Old Reedy Creek Road and several people looking at it from afar with a look of disgust also a lady trying to keep her dog away from it.

Whoever dumped this deer might as well have just dumped it in some busy parking lot. Since being dumped hundreds of people have either walked, run or biked past it because this is a very popular hub for all those activities.

This is not good PR for us hunters and disgusts me as well.

I am sure it wasn’t anyone from this site but maybe someone might know who it could have been. If so please let them know that they need to use better judgment next time and take more responsibility in disposing their kill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Lonehunter

Six Pointer
Are you sure it was a hunter dump, or could have it been a car accident victim that wandered off before it died? I agree, If it was a hunter drop off, it definitely needs to stop!

Ho ace

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Oh yea it’s no doubt a cleaned carcass. It’s a dead end dirt road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zombie1978

We deal with it every year on the dead end rd I live. And it's not just deer. People need to realize how bad it makes us look. I have been lucky to live on a farm where I can dispose of carcasses.

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
it's laziness,,,,,pure and simple,,,,,many landfills take carcasses,,,,heck most transfer stations I've used accept them if they are bagged (but then I have always lived in NC's civilized rural counties),,

dumping them on roadways, or on private property without permission, is against the law,,,,,and folks should turn them in,,,though I expect nothing would be done as it's a misdemeanor if I recall correctly,,,

it bugs me that folks don't PLAN for this issue BEFORE they hunt,,,,,

laziness,,,,pure and simple laziness

Last edited: