Bass Fishing 22 Sep 17

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
My older brother and I decided we need a day of bass fishing so Off to Kerr Scott at Wilkesboro we went.

Got on the water at just after 8 a.m. and didn't leave until 7 p.m.

A good bad day. We had lots of strikes. I finally got 10 fish in the boat. I know I hooked and lost at least 15 more. My brother got about the same number in the boat but he lost at least 20. I caught two about 14 inches long and all the rest we caught were 8 to 10 inches. The darn things were more or less just slapping at the bait rather than trying to eat it. Vast majority were not even hooked in the mouth but on the outside of the mouth or body. If the game warden had been watching us he probably would have considered ticketing us for grab hooking. LOL.

It was such an odd/rare day of fishing I didn't even bother filming or taking any photos. And it got hot before the day was over, mid to high 80's and we looked for some shade but found very little. Bottom line is we tried to convince ourselves we had a good day. Heck any day fishing is better than any day working. LOL.

Talked to a guy that fishes in the tournament every Saturday and he said every report he had heard/received all indicated everyone was catching lots of dinks but no qualifiers/keepers. He's out there fishing right now. Hope he has better luck than we did or all he is doing is contributing to the prize money. LOL.