Youth day! 9/23 live

Redneck Rocker Dude

Old Mossy Horns
Good luck to all the kids hitting the wood today. Rather you support the idea or not it's all about the kids today. About to head to the club for a feast of a breakfast and then we're gonna turn a few hounds loose. Good luck everybody and be safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
Goodluck rocker! I hope the hounds burn up the Woods and the kids get a good show. That's what it's all about!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ncturkeyhunter

My daughter smoked an 8 at 160 yards. He's laying in the food plot.

ncturkeyhunter

She says "thank you", now she wants to double up. Lol

robertc

Eight Pointer
With my grandson, quite for now. My son is with my grand daughter a few hundred yards away. No luck so far but we are out here.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Great morning with my son. Solo hen came in and put on a show. Quite here too. Oh, wait, the guy who has OCD with leaves every bow season is blowing leaves at 7:30 am.

robertc

Eight Pointer
Morning results, my grandson and I=0. My grand daughter and son, saw three. Two does and a 4 pointer. My 8 year old grand daughter was given the green light on her choice but no shots. The main thing is, she was excited about the whole ordeal.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

nhn2a

Ten Pointer
No movement in Harnett. The son and I enjoyed the morning regardless.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

abbottx4

Button Buck
My youngest daughter shot her first deer last year on Youth Day, and I was so proud she made a good shot. This year, she said she wanted a big buck and nothing else. I was surprised, and yet proud at the same time, she passed up on a high racked six pointer that was in the mineral lick we made, for a good 10 minutes this morning...........at 20yds..... We could have thrown a bullet and hit him. We had seen an eight pointer on camera and a messed up 7 pointer we need to cull, and she actually had the discipline to hold off and tried waiting on those guys, but they never showed up....Irregardless, I was impressed. I saw that finger go to the trigger a couple of times, and thought we'd have him, but her decision to not shoot, and I respect it. We'll get that 8 when it gets a little colder out.....

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
sounds like everyone is having a blast. Congrats to those that ventured forth with the kids today... enjoy.

PG2

Ten Pointer
My son and I were out this morning, had a coyote sneaking inside he wood edge and I called to him with the back of my hand and he came out looking for dinner! My son got him and another one took off that we did not see. Trying to get that one to stop and he did but not long enough for another shot....

PPosey

Twelve Pointer
My daughter an I spent a good morning in the stand but did not see a deer,, had a good time though and bagged a few trophy skeeters while picking on each other. Congrats to those that got one.