Swan permit applications

Gunpowder

Four Pointer
Just a heads up i was ineligible to apply last year, the reason was the year before i had not turned in my harvest report by april. I have gotten permits the last 6 years straight before that. Applied the other day for this year. We will see if i get a permit or if they still hold a grudge

Zombie

Old Mossy Horns
Applied the first day I could. Waiting for results. :) was probably the most fun hunting I have ever had. :) anyone know when the results are in?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
should be later this week. My points look good to be drawn this year. I need an excuse to buy a recurve!

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
Well if I get drawn this year I am all in for a bow hunt. Maybe we can get a complete group of bowhunters only. I am ok going home empty handed and would really like to get one with a bow.

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
If there's a large enough group to bow hunt, we'll set aside the Saturday prior to MLK day for it. Just let me know.

I would be interested in that. How do they fly in the afternoon? I got drawn for mattamuskeet 1/19-20 So I will already be around if its possible to hunt them after the morning hunt.

Mike Noles aka conman

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I would be interested in that. How do they fly in the afternoon? I got drawn for mattamuskeet 1/19-20 So I will already be around if its possible to hunt them after the morning hunt.

Depends on the weather. Afternoons are much less productive than mornings if it's a blue bird (perfect swan weather) day.

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
No permit again this year. That’s two years in a row.

Did you do a party? If you did, does everyone have a valid hunting license? Looking at the way they do the drawing it appears your best bet is doing it as a group.

Last edited: