Prayers that Justice is served.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
If you don't mind, please say a prayer that in court tomorrow, the right thing happens for my family. I literally believe a life or more my hang in the balance of a a seemingly simple matter. Though it is not, the court may never learn why if lies are both told, and believed.

The mental well being of several people over the course of the next few months may reside on a 5 minute proceeding. Please pray that truth defeats deceit.

Thank you,

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Praying for you and the day you are facing. I hope it goes well

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Thank you all.

It turns out that technically we won, though the squatters did attempt to lie in court, and even asked for a dismissal. We won a 14 day stay to eviction. So now crazy people who don't like myself or my brother get to live inside his dwelling for 14 more days :mad:.

Do NOT become a property owner in New York!!! All of the laws seem to be against you!

Last edited:

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Thank you all.

It turns out that technically we won, though the squatters did attempt to lie in court, and even asked for a dismissal. We won a 14 day stay to eviction. So now crazy people who don't like myself or my brother get to live inside his dwelling for 14 more days :mad:.

Do NOT become a property owner in New York!!! All of the laws seem to be against you!

It's not just NY...it's like that in most states now

dlbaile

Ten Pointer
Know how that goes it's like you have to prove it's your property and not there's, and the court gives them all the time in the world to you know what your property up,

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Have they trashed the property?

Not as of yet. But they have no jobs, no cell service, and lots of 5 minute visitors. Stay up all night keeping the downstairs tenants awake. Pot smell is so bad they have to cover the vent with a wet towel. Not worried about the stealing anything from my brother, he has nothing of value, but they literally take HIS food while he's at HIS job :mad:.

I was concerened, my attorney informed me if they lie and the judge believes them, it could be January before they were gone. I'll take two weeks against that any day.

It is the craziest way of doing something I can imagine. The state is protecting two young and future inmates. I guarantee it!

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
It's New York...pay a couple of thugs to throw them out. They are roaming the streets and calling themselves " protesters" ..paid professionals. Shouldn't be too hard to find, they're everywhere..just find a store being looted and hire a couple. They are easily identified as they wear black jeans, hoodies and masks.

KTMan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Thank you all.

Try about any state

Try about any state

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Ugh I hate my rental property. Housing Authority has now abated the rent because of damage caused by the tenant.

Inspection 1 - Failed because inspector saw dead cockaroaches and thought there were bed bugs. (Tenant is responsible for bugs)
Exterminator came out on my dime and said there were no bed bugs.

Re-inspection 1 - Pass on the big issue but failed me because tenant broke a couple lights and did not say anything. Also said pain on ceiling in a bedroom needed to be repainted because it was dirty.

Re-inspection 2 - Pass on everything from prior inspection but now the trees have decided to grow and a couple branches are too close to their liking.

Re-inspection 3 - Pass on everything from prior inspection but now the smoke detector is not close enough to the kitchen (new HUD rule but we are grandfathered under old one), little bit of moisture found by fridge door. They requested the contractor come back out and check the integrity of the subfloor and floor joists. (wtf)

They then abated the rent because we failed too many inspections.