Got some pics back from my cams

ArmyMutt

Eight Pointer
I let the cams set out for about a week. Got off early today, so I pulled the cards. Glad I did. One cam took no pics even though deer were in front of it, and another took 1 pic every minute for the week. Got a couple of small bucks on one food plot at night, a few does during the day, a coyote, pair of raccoons, and a flock of turkeys. Here's some highlights:

MFDC1254.jpgMFDC1253.jpgMFDC1261.jpgMFDC2183.jpg

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Do you have the moultrie a-30? One of mine took 3 pics a minute for a few weeks. The other, works as it should.

ArmyMutt

Eight Pointer
They are A-5s. I picked up a four pack somewhere a few years ago. I can't remember where - maybe eBay. The food plots are growing well. The small one in the woods was just sand 2 weeks ago.

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
They are A-5s. I picked up a four pack somewhere a few years ago. I can't remember where - maybe eBay. The food plots are growing well. The small one in the woods was just sand 2 weeks ago.

They're looking good! Good luck this year!

ArmyMutt

Eight Pointer
How old do you think those bucks are? My guess is about a year and a half. I think there might be one shootable doe there.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Be patient...... You will always get the small bucks and does early in the season here in Harnett county... Just wait till last week of October. You should start getting some pics of some nice wallhangers roaming thru. I would not shoot a deer one till you see what comes roaming thru Late October. Don't spook the herd just yet. The guys leasing the land next to me are still scratching their heads why they are not seeing nice bucks. They have seen the pics of mine and my brothers deer and my other neighbors. They cant kill anything but a scrub buck or a doe. They start shooting deer opening week. By the time the big boys are roaming , they have done spooked off the does that would attract ole mossy horns.

ArmyMutt

Eight Pointer
The old timers around here say I live on deer alley. Judging by the tracks I saw when I first moved here, I believe them. Problem is, I haven't seen a deer out here in 2 years. My food plots are pretty much concentrated on one corner of the property. The other corner on that side has the thickest, nastiest brush I've ever tried to cross - looks like I had been whacked with a cat-o-nine-tails after 30 feet of it. I figure that's where the deer would bed. In between the two is dense pines. I've seen some small trails going away from this area, but haven't figured out where they were going.

deerhunter28

Ten Pointer
Be patient...... You will always get the small bucks and does early in the season here in Harnett county... Just wait till last week of October. You should start getting some pics of some nice wallhangers roaming thru. I would not shoot a deer one till you see what comes roaming thru Late October. Don't spook the herd just yet. The guys leasing the land next to me are still scratching their heads why they are not seeing nice bucks. They have seen the pics of mine and my brothers deer and my other neighbors. They cant kill anything but a scrub buck or a doe. They start shooting deer opening week. By the time the big boys are roaming , they have done spooked off the does that would attract ole mossy horns.

This
Listen to this guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

btsharky

Twelve Pointer
My "neighbors" do the same thing. I had 7 racks on 1 farm last year. They killed 6 of them in the field. I only got 1 of them. BUT, I got the only 1 of the 7 that was worth shooting to me. These guys see a spike and drill it and then wonder why they never get a bull.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Keep waiting.... and you will see some bigger bucks show up in 2 to 3 weeks.

ArmyMutt

Eight Pointer
Bought a Primos cam the other day. Right now, it's watching a different food plot than this one. Has better resolution. Maybe I should move it down to this spot.