Frigid Forage

getTwisted

Ten Pointer
My soybean plot didn't do so well this year and that was going to be my go to plot to hunt in September so that was pretty disappointing. I wanted to get something else in the ground that would grow pretty quick but also give me options for rut and late hunting.

I took a gamble on Frigid Forage BNB knowing it worked better in more northern states.

To my surprise the deer have been hitting the leaves pretty hard. Browse pressure is starting to be noticeable after only one month. I watch does and fawns eat it every time I hunt and have trail cam pics of some bucks stopping by at night.

I'm very happy with it so far and hear it only gets better the colder temps get.

5cabba549f3a83eaa4e4c21888283bce.jpg

0709262976c937965542aaff8ebbe0b1.jpg

e9ac6f7d9738afca94770a4190dc3178.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I hope so. This is my first attempt at brassicas and some of my friends that have used them in the past regretted it but I love them so far.

That seems to be the general consensus ..... some places they love them, some places they won't touch them but late in the season if at all. My experience has always been positive with everything but the rape...I have had plots where it went untouched.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I hope so. This is my first attempt at brassicas and some of my friends that have used them in the past regretted it but I love them so far.

That seems to be the general consensus ..... some places they love them, some places they won't touch them but late in the season if at all. My experience has always been positive with everything but the rape...I have had plots where it went untouched.

getTwisted

Ten Pointer
You must have had everything just right...the soil, rain and sunshine. That's a great looking 4 week old plot ! I wish the salad patch at my house looked half that good.

Yea we hit it pretty much perfect as far as weather goes. I did a soil sample before hand. Right after we broadcasted the seed and fertilzer it rained.

getTwisted

Ten Pointer
You must have had everything just right...the soil, rain and sunshine. That's a great looking 4 week old plot ! I wish the salad patch at my house looked half that good.

Just for reference here's a pic of the same field 4 weeks ago (8/19 date stamp). The green in the middle is my soybeans and you can't even see my brassicas in the pic. They were barely sticking out of the ground.

4c0f4df4d34f4bbcd0ee0699fc528402.png

Last edited:

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Just for reference here's a pic of the same field 4 weeks ago (8/19 date stamp). The green in the middle is my soybeans and you can't even see my brassicas in the pic. They were barely sticking out of the ground.

4c0f4df4d34f4bbcd0ee0699fc528402.png

I hit it right with a bit of rain when we planted as well..I hope mine look half as good as yours do at 4 weeks. I didn't plant as many varieties of brassicas, but the oats and wheat ought to have a good jump by now.

BASSFAN07

Twelve Pointer
I've never had luck during season with brassicas. They will now them down in January and February in Chatham.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Turnips only work in colder climates. I know in Northern Rockingham county the deer would hit the turnips and stay on them all of December.