Garmin Collar Question

Duckcrazy

Spike
I just picked up a Garmin Alpha tracking system. I noticed the collars come with two different antennas. Which Antenna are yall using for your collars?

Duckcrazy

Spike
I got two antennas for the handheld and two antennas for the collar in my kit. I'll go with the longer antenna

treestock

Four Pointer
Yeah they started sending the collars with the long range antennas. I've honestly not seen much difference in range between the longer collar antenna. now the tram mag mount and quick connects fir the handheld are where it's at

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Yeah they started sending the collars with the long range antennas. I've honestly not seen much difference in range between the longer collar antenna. now the tram mag mount and quick connects fir the handheld are where it's at

Yes, I have a long range antenna for my vehicle and with it connected to my handheld it easily doubles my range.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

double post

Last edited:

Briargoat

Ten Pointer
I have the telescopic metal antenna for my handheld. The difference is night and day. im amazed at how far it gets signal

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
I got an Alpha as soon as they hit the market. I still run the TT10 collars. I hunt with a friend and we track each other's hounds, he has replaced some of his collar antennae with the long ones. I have not noticed as difference in being able to track them. I keep one unit connected to the Truck long range antennae and the longer rubber antennae on the other.