I bought a 2018 Honda Rancher

Banjo

Old Mossy Horns
I have to eat crow. I said I would never buy from Kevin Powell because I hate his commercials, but they had the best price.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Very good.
there are some deals out there some still have some 2016 setting in the showroom.
not selling like they did a few years back.
I got a 2017 rancher in march.

5 Shot

Ten Pointer
The best price that I have found on them was Currie Saws down near Lumberton somewhere. I bought 2013 Foreman there in 2013, they were $1000 cheaper than anyone else. I think there was place near Rockingham that was about the same price just farther for me to drive.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I said the exact same thing then no one else had better deal on my 570 it was year old model but brand new he beat all others by couple hundred but the dang fees and taxes add up over the advertised price next time I'll by used to avoid them hopefully that will be long ways off. You got good wheeler hough should last forever

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
I have to eat crow. I said I would never buy from Kevin Powell because I hate his commercials, but they had the best price.

The thing about his commercials...I can't name another powersports dealer. I don't even live in his "territory" so to speak but they are noticeable enough that months after driving through and hearing his commercials, I remember them.

So, they certainly work.

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns

The thing about his commercials...I can't name another powersports dealer. I don't even live in his "territory" so to speak but they are noticeable enough that months after driving through and hearing his commercials, I remember them.

So, they certainly work.

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor

So, they certainly work.
His commercials work... It's like the U Pull it commercial on the radio and during halftime of the Superbowl.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
I like it very much. We took it to our lease Saturday evening.

Yep mine has done fine..
I did not like the tires, and the fact the front is a little narrower than the rear.

If you add any racks or gear you can change the preload on the shocks now for better load carry.

Mine has a rattle like a shield or something at lowere rpm range only.
hope to find it because it drives you crazy on trailes you just coast on.

ABolt

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
New ranchers have IRS?

IRS is an option on the 2018 Rancher. Here are the various models offered:

TRX420TM Rancher: 2×4 Manual / Foot-Shift model with straight axle
TRX420FM1 Rancher: 4×4 Manual / Foot-Shift model with straight axle
TXR420FE1 Rancher: 4×4 ES model (ES = Electric Shift) with straight axle
TRX420FA2 Rancher: 4×4 DCT Automatic with EPS (EPS = Electric Power Steering) and a straight axle
TRX420FA5 Rancher: 4×4 DCT Automatic with IRS (IRS = Independent Rear Suspension)
TRX420FA6 Rancher: 4×4 DCT Automatic with EPS (EPS = Electric Power Steering) and IRS (IRS = Independent Rear Suspension)

Last edited:

Banjo

Old Mossy Horns
IRS is an option on the 2018 Rancher. Here are the various models offered:

TRX420TM Rancher: 2×4 Manual / Foot-Shift model with straight axle
TRX420FM1 Rancher: 4×4 Manual / Foot-Shift model with straight axle
TXR420FE1 Rancher: 4×4 ES model (ES = Electric Shift) with straight axle
TRX420FA2 Rancher: 4×4 DCT Automatic with EPS (EPS = Electric Power Steering) and a straight axle
TRX420FA5 Rancher: 4×4 DCT Automatic with IRS (IRS = Independent Rear Suspension)
TRX420FA6 Rancher: 4×4 DCT Automatic with EPS (EPS = Electric Power Steering) and IRS (IRS = Independent Rear Suspension)

Good info. I bought the 420 4x4 manual trans. straight axle.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
IRS is better to a point. But when you add corn or ride someone maybe bring a deer out it beats the crap out of you as it squats really bad and hit everything in the trail or bottoms out all the time.