Maybe good news.

jim67

Eight Pointer
Well as most of you know I went through a Divorce a year or so ago and first want to thank all of you who posted for prayers and checking up on me. I met a girl on Christain Mingle shortly after my seperation. We have been dating now for a year and 5 months, trying to keep God first and just enjoying our time together. Last weekend I asked her Mom and Dad for their Blessing, they agreed. I already bought the ring and am planning this weekend to pop the question. Please keep us in your prayers.

jim67

Eight Pointer
Well as most of you know I went through a Divorce a year or so ago and first want to thank all of you who posted for prayers and checking up on me. I met a girl on Christain Mingle shortly after my seperation. We have been dating now for a year and 5 months, trying to keep God first and just enjoying our time together. Last weekend I asked her Mom and Dad for their Blessing, they agreed. I already bought the ring and am planning this weekend to pop the question. Please keep us in your prayers.
. Well last night I popped the question . She didn't answer for a while. She hugged me hard and long and then said "I'm not saying no" but long story short, she isn't at that point. I was devistated, not sure what to do now. I guess we will keep going forward but .

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I'd stick with her. I know her answer was disappointing, but she was being honest, and that is what you want out of any relationship. Show her they you are the kind of man who will stick in the face of adversity. Give her the time she needs to sort out her feelings. Even if things don't work out the way you would like in the end, you won't regret how you handled it.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
She sounds like a keeper, in for the long haul or not in at all.....I'd stick with her until all the cards are on the table, both yours and hers. If it doesn't work out in the end you'll thank her for not allowing you to jump in the waters too soon.

stormm4

Big Ole Nanny Doe
Keep at it with her. If this is her first marriage she maybe nervous you have already been there done that and worried she may fail you in some way. Give her time to feel it as much as you do.

UncleFester

Old Mossy Horns
When my current wife asked ME to marry her.... I didn't tell her no, but did tell her I would have to digest the question and give her an answer another time. I was very gun shy about doing it again after my first nightmare. After I thought about it for two solid weeks I finally told her we'd give it a go. It's been 18 wonderful years, so hang in there.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
. Well last night I popped the question . She didn't answer for a while. She hugged me hard and long and then said "I'm not saying no" but long story short, she isn't at that point. I was devistated, not sure what to do now. I guess we will keep going forward but .

Congrats on doing all it takes to be the nice guy (asking parents etc).

Now you have a 90 degree turn.

It's not a 180.

LawDog

Ten Pointer
Pray for God's will and take it a one day at a time...don't pressure her. Perhaps a pre-marriage Bible study.