Lockwood Folly Inlet

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
Does anyone know if dredging has been completed? Hoping to be able to get out and troll for spanish in a few weeks. Otherwise I'll stick to inland waters and try to find some trout & flounder.

I think the dredge is there. Sure you can slip out at high tide can always run down the beach come back in at bald head.

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
Just went out of it Monday. Dredge is there but wasnt working. You can make it out on high tide. I wouldn't try it at low unless you know exactly where to go.

stormm4

Big Ole Nanny Doe
Was there Sunday. Dredge still there and reported being broken down. We were not able to go thru it.

stormm4

Big Ole Nanny Doe
Spanish were off beach in 30 feet of water Sunday. Thick in front of ocean crest pier also.

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The dredge, the Merritt, finished the inlet over the past weekend and was replaced by another dredge that captures the sand for dumping in another area. They are actually dredging through the breakers into the ocean and dumping the sand near the beach of Holden Beach. Plans are for that to be completed within the next week, then mapping will be done and chanel markers put back in place. It is navigable now, but you have to know where the chanel is, go through at high tide, or follow someone that does know.