Fall plots in

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
I put 4 acres in today...Durana, wheat, oats, radish, and ryegrass. Not all together, mix and match. Put down nearly 2 acres of crimson in late August. Knew I was taking a chance but it seems like most of it pulled through the hot and dry.

Been waiting on rain for a while...hopefully the weatherman isn't a complete mo-ron...

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Sounds like some good grub and good timing QBD2. Our clover is struggling from the heat and lack of rain. Majority is looking like a bust.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Finally got rain today. Finished our plots here in Harnett county Friday evening. 2+ acres of wheat, oats, winterpeas, turnips, and a little ryegrass.

jcannon

Twelve Pointer
Finally got rain today. Finished our plots here in Harnett county Friday evening. 2+ acres of wheat, oats, winterpeas, turnips, and a little ryegrass.

Do deer eat much of the rye grass? I made a plot with some throw n grow and didn't realize 80%+ was rye grass until it started growing

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
jcannon.....
Yes they will eat ryegrass. They will graze it hard in colder climates but I have seen many a deer eating on ryegrass here in Sanford . They love it in Rockingham county . They even eat on it late in the season down at the dog club in Scotland county. I mix it in with wheat or rye here in Harnett county. Up in Rockingham county they will eat on it hard but the deer up there will also graze on fescue.