escapee,,,,

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
my wife's sulcato tortoise escaped captivity today,,,,,,,,searched for 3 hours and will resume in the AM,,,,,

50 lb grazer,,,,,,and they can move faster than most think,,,,,,,

so wish me luck!!

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
Damn right they are quick, once they get goin. I've had a box turtle get away in the time it takes me to eat a PBJ, when I was little, that's about 5 seconds. Hope you find him

Last edited:

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
my wife's sulcato tortoise escaped captivity today,,,,,,,,searched for 3 hours and will resume in the AM,,,,,

so wish me luck!!
Now that's not something you hear everyday. Good luck finding Speedy in the AM.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

so wish me luck!!
Did you employee the services of the new (er) dog? That would have been the first aid I would have wanted. She could have covered much more ground than you, and then alerted once found.

UncleFester

Old Mossy Horns
One of those got loose here in Rutherford County earlier this year. I think it made it half way across the county before someone found it. Good luck on getting yours back.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
where do you enclose a 50 pound tortoise? And how did it escape?

Hope you find it! Hope it's not far, I can't carry a 50 pound bag of corn but so far!

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
where do you enclose a 50 pound tortoise?

he has a 160 square foot house that he lives in, with a pen outside of it......ever seen the land tortoise habitats at the zoo? like that,,

And how did it escape?
long story,,,,,,,knocked a wall down on the pen,,,,,,

Hope you find it! Hope it's not far, I can't carry a 50 pound bag of corn but so far!
thanks,,,no luck this AM,,,have APB out with neighbors,,,,hydrating then back out for a few hours,,,,,,

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
They're like Forrest Gump, they just keep goin. A lady used to watch me and my brother when we were kids, her neighbor had tortoises. Biggest was kept outside but she had a trap door in her yard, when you opened it it was like a 1 foot tall basement underground that had a bunch of tortoises in it, it was wierd.

Last edited:

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
Leave 50.00 in small bills by the newspaper rack in a brown paper sack at the convenience store and maybe the turtle will come home...

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
Hope you get your Tortoise back. I was just reading about them on google they can live for up to 100 years and will very likely outlive their owners if kept as a pet.. An inhabitant of the southern Sahara Desert in Africa some of the larger ones can grow up to 100 pounds..

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Yes, they wre long lived. ours was a rescue - we already had it set up that the house went to the tortoise - he might let one of the youngin's share!

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Is he marked so that when he is found he can be returned to your home? I know that they microchip dogs and cats....how about non traditional pets like tortoises?

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Age old question... "which is faster... the Tortoise or the Woodmoose"?

You have freed the Oppressed... :)

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
44 days as an evadee,,,,,,,

recieved the call today,,,,,,,found,,,,,fellow picked him up on the side of the road about 3.4 miles as the crow flies from where he escaped,,'

they called Scotland Humane Society and luckily I had filled out a "missing pet" form,,,,,reunited!

now maybe my Wife will quit thinking I ate him,,,,,,,,,,,

44 days on the missing roles,,,,,,,,I actually had given up hope, figured the coyotes got him,,,,,,,but the Big Guy upstairs looks out for Fools and Irishmen!!

Pirate96

Twelve Pointer
44 days as an evadee,,,,,,,

recieved the call today,,,,,,,found,,,,,fellow picked him up on the side of the road about 3.4 miles as the crow flies from where he escaped,,'

they called Scotland Humane Society and luckily I had filled out a "missing pet" form,,,,,reunited!

now maybe my Wife will quit thinking I ate him,,,,,,,,,,,

44 days on the missing roles,,,,,,,,I actually had given up hope, figured the coyotes got him,,,,,,,but the Big Guy upstairs looks out for Fools and Irishmen!!

Glad he made it home. If your wife is anything like mine she will move on to something else quickly.