2017 NC Trappers Assoc. Convention, Sept. 29 & 30

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Date: Sept. 29 & 30

526 County Home Road
Smithfield, NC 27577

Hopefully any changes between now and the convention will be minor and any changes that may occur will be reflected in the links shown below. If you have any interest in learning about trapping or the tools used on the modern trap line, this is the place to learn. It is also a good place to network if you are interested in finding someone to trap your property.

And even if you are not that interested in trapping but enjoy a good meal of BBQ pork and fried fish with all the trimmings, the Feed on Friday night is well worth the price of admission!

Click on the following links for details:

http://www.nctrapper.org/index.php?p=1_53_2017-Convention-Agenda
http://www.nctrapper.org/index.php?p=1_54_2017-Convention-Vendor-List
http://www.nctrapper.org/index.php?p=1_55_2017-Convention-Demo-Presenters
http://www.nctrapper.org/index.php?p=1_56_2017-Convention-Motel-Info

If you have questions, send me a PM and I will get you an answer.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Hope to make it this year Harold. For anyone who hasn't been, it is a fun day even if you don't trap. Lots of interesting stuff to see and a great auction, especially if you are looking for sweet potatoes and home made jelly and jam.

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
Camping is FREE....and the demo's given by the PRO'S are awesome and will shorten your learning curve by years.
And, if you buy supplies, there is no shipping.

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Depending on what kind of supplies you need, you may want to consider pre ordering from one of the suppliers to make sure you get what you need. Especially if you need any heavy or bulky items or large quantities. They bring a pretty good all round selection but they can not bring a lot of everything. If you need specific traps or fleshing beams/stretcher boards, pre order is your best bet to make sure you get them.

team muddy creek

Twelve Pointer
I have several folks wanting to go. We have to wait on 1 to get off work that morning at the fd.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Banjo

Old Mossy Horns
I would love to get into trapping coyotes. Would this be a good place to learn? The only trapping that I have ever done was for muskrats. They were dumb and easy to trap.

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Absolutely. Look at the agenda for the times for the coyote demos. Plus you get the opportunity to talk to other trappers and ask questions. I think that is even better than the demos sometimes. May be able to find someone close to you that is willing to mentor you and shorten your learning curve. There is a lot to learn about regulations, traps, sets, anchor systems, baits, lures and other equipment. Great place to get started!

Heck, the Friday night BBQ is worth the price of admission!

Ldsoldier

Old Mossy Horns
I would love to get into trapping coyotes. Would this be a good place to learn? The only trapping that I have ever done was for muskrats. They were dumb and easy to trap.

I haven't looked at who's giving demos yet, but some of the best coyote trappers in the state will be there.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Just got back from the convention. Seems a grand time was had by all. Saw a few forum members and got to visit for quite some time. The auction was great as was the demonstrations. I saw one member taking a lot of new equipment home. And don't ask about supper. I'm about to bust. Already looking forward to next year and I'm not even a trapper.

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Thank you for coming and helping to make the convention and the auction a success. Every item auctioned today was donated and the items you gave were well received. And I think I saw you take a few items home with you as well. Thank you again for your support!

SharpShooter

Ten Pointer
I was busy friend didn’t get a chance to slip out and go. Sorry I misse y’all. I always enjoy talking to perry, Charlie and Colleen along with paul dobbins, Joey smith, and the rest at the convention.