Lake Murray Stripers - Two Nights Two Limits

UncleFester

Old Mossy Horns
Was finally able to pull away from the rat race to do a little fishing on Lake Murray. We wound up piling them up pretty handily. I really needed that stress relief in a major way and am heading back this coming weekend to give it another whirl. 20170826_035532.jpg20170827_004053.jpggrimace.jpg

Last edited:

UncleFester

Old Mossy Horns
Dad used to live on Murray man we would tear the strippers up!!

Yeah I used to be that way when I was younger, but now I stick with the fish... Striper! ;)

I usually go several times a year, but this year I've been recovering from surgery, work has been hell and a few weeks ago I darn near broke my ankle. Going to catch a few trips on the back end of the trolling season down there.

catfishrus

Twelve Pointer
I watched a man and his wife land a 28 lber about where you are in that last picture 30 years ago. My dad caught a 32 lber out of murray back then. Use to be some big fish in there but those days are long gone.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I watched a man and his wife land a 28 lber about where you are in that last picture 30 years ago. My dad caught a 32 lber out of murray back then. Use to be some big fish in there but those days are long gone.
Their laws hasn't helped. Catching them so deep that they pop a bladder and releasing them isn't smart. When you go down there and see them floating everywhere you know they aren't going to sustain the fishery.

They need to limit the fishing for them period.

UncleFester

Old Mossy Horns

One of the boats in our group caught a 40lb'er two weeks ago. There are still big ones, but I agree they aren't the norm.