Did you buy a lottery ticket for tonights drawing? Poll.

Did you buy a lotto ticket for the 8/23 drawing?

• Yes, but I almost or always buy a lotto ticket

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Yes, but this was a rare occassion based on the high jackpot $

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • Nope, didn't buy one

Votes: 35 53.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Yes I did, I always do,

Yes I did, because it's up there,

No I did not

Last edited:

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Bought one tonight because the way my luck has been, it'd have been stupid not to.

Probably won't check the numbers on it unless they say the winner was from Raleigh.

I guess I just made someone else. $.35 richer.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
the lottery cracks me up,,,,,,,reminds me of some of the "lotteries" in 1970 era sci-fi movies,,,,,,

see they have learned, that when they let the jackpot get real high it runs up sales,,,so they get more money "for the children",,,,,,

I'm not lumping all lottery players here (so I don't hurt sensitivities on this forum) but of the people I KNOW,,,it's the ones who can least afford it that play the lottery

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Lottery is a waste of money but when it gets up there I'll buy one. I feel good about this one I'm not going to work tomorrow ;)

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Yes I did because it's up there and I have delusions of grandeur

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I never play the Powerball or Mega millions, the odds are way too long of winning.

I will play the Cash 5 when it gets up around $300K or higher - odds are much better of winning, I've hit 4 out of 5 numbers several times.......

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
No.....forgot all about it. My Dad bought some so maybe if he wins he will hook me up....[emoji6]

sent from...... Tapatalk

koszman

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I figured all the bad luck I've been having lately maybe I'll win the lottery. Yeah right.....

spinnerbaitor48

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I don't usually play the powerball, but I will buy a scratch off every now and then....just scratchin my way to retirement....hehe...just bought a 1k rds of 7.62x39 today, so I already won ......

Last edited:

Zombie

Old Mossy Horns
I bought two tickets...if I win, several of you will get all paid hunts to anywhere you wanna go, lol

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Already left a VM on the bosses' phones telling them I quit.

But what have other people done? After investing $2?

Lol

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
I'd play the scratchers but I have no clue how those things work, lack of directions is a pet peeve of mine. I'd scratch all off have a huge winning ticket but void it cuz I didn't know to only scratch 3 blocks etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
so which one of you players are wealthy and planning hunting trips now after the drawing? Need someone to tote bags and do the planning for you?

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Some lucky fool in Massachusetts hit the only winning ticket. I'm sure that's not my cousin Eddie.

I bought some because it was a large jackpot. I know the odd, but someone is going to hit it, and that someone might be me. But if you don't buy a ticker, you're guaranteed not to win.

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
Every now and then I will buy a lottery ticket, didn't buy one on this round though..Some lucky person is filthy rich this morning.

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I do the same...might buy a couple a year just because...those kinds of humongous size jackpots don't increase my interest in buying one...not sure what I'd do with a million bucks to say nothing of hundreds of millions, LOL

Hail yea. Where else can you spend two dollars on Sunday and have great dreams on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wed night (I go to bed before drawing.) of what you would do with such fortunes. No brainer here.

JONOV

Twelve Pointer
so which one of you players are wealthy and planning hunting trips now after the drawing? Need someone to tote bags and do the planning for you?

I already know what properties I'm going to buy :cool:

Everyone talks about the folks that go nuts with conspicuous consumption, I think I would just have massive landholdings around the country...Northern Wi/the UP of Michigan, Somewhere in the Dakota's for ducks and pheasant, somewhere in SW/West Central Illinois, Texas for birds and deer...

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Never played the big lottery I have bought few scratch offs with no real luck so I can't complain gotta play to have chance

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I am a gambling man, I enjoy a game of chance from time to time.. but I am not mathematically challenged to the extent that I play the lottery on any kind of regular basis.. when I do, it is not in NC (I refuse, due to the shady way it was passed in the legislature, and I was and am a supporter of having it).

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Never bought a lottery ticket in NC. I got PLENTY of luck though...mostly the bad kind. All I know about the lottery is, every time I'm in a hurry at a convenience/gas station, there is some bozo in line in front of me that can't decide which ones he wants to buy.

shadycove

Twelve Pointer
I play the big pots but I am convinced that it is fixed.
Any game that stops taking bets an hour before they draw the numbers HAS to be fixed, there is no other reason IMO.
Add to that, on the evening news yesterday they did a spot on a store in Fon-Du-Lac, WI that has sold a winning ticket 17 times in 20 years. Plus lots of smaller pots [I don't know of ANY store in NC that has sold even 1 winning ticket much less 17 in 20 years].
I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer but that too says "fixed" to me.
But like I said, I still buy some tickets when the pot gets big.

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
I bought a ticket last week in bfe on the way to Darlington....closest ive ever been. 1 number right, 4 off by one...powerball off by 3. Still a long way from a winner but an interesting ticket. Didnt buy one yesterday....