XBow recomendations

IE_88

Spike
I have a Parker thunder hawk I have had for several years now like it so much I bought my wife one too. Last season one of the limbs cracked I called them, shipped it to them and they replaced all the limbs no questions asked. I think I did have to pay for shipping to them not real sure. Maybe I just got lucky and it was one of the few things covered under warranty.

shadycove

Twelve Pointer
+1 for Excalibur. I accidentally dry fired my Excalibur crossbow when I first got it and it sheered off the mag tips. Contacted Excalibur and even though I told the truth and it was completely my fault, they overnighted me a brand new set of limbs for free. They said even with the dry fire, the tips shouldn't have broken.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Watch their promo vids, they do everything [cutting string at full draw with a broadhead, dropping from a helicopter, dragging behind a 4-wheeler] you can imagine to their bows and they keep on shooting.
Looks good if you need one that is tough.

nchunt101

Ten Pointer
I ended up getting a Parker Enforcer courtesy of my dear wife. From what I can tell she got a hell of a deal.
My next question is would using a round bale of hay for a target be idiot and mess up bolts? I have heard they both work well and that they destroy bolts. It is a 315-330 fps bow.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

nchunt101

Ten Pointer
I ended up getting a Parker Enforcer courtesy of my dear wife. From what I can tell she got a hell of a deal.
My next question is would using a round bale of hay for a target be idiot and mess up bolts? I have heard they both work well and that they destroy bolts. It is a 315-330 fps bow.

Also is it better to shoot a 100 or 150 grain point? 400 grain bolt is the minimum for the bow.
http://www.lioutdoorsman.com/parker-cb-enforcer/

ncscrubmaster

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I have one a straw bale won't stop mine nor will an older layered target. My block target will but that s about it. I wouldn't even think of shooting the hay bale from the side. Maybe on the round side but I doubt it will stop. If it don't it will mess up your fletchings. Remember to only shoot Parker arrows.

nchunt101

Ten Pointer
I have one a straw bale won't stop mine nor will an older layered target. My block target will but that s about it. I wouldn't even think of shooting the hay bale from the side. Maybe on the round side but I doubt it will stop. If it don't it will mess up your fletchings. Remember to only shoot Parker arrows.

Well I am back in the market for a bow. The company sent my wife an email saying it was a pricing error and that they were cancelling the order. Not thrilled but so goes life.

dlbaile

Ten Pointer
I would really look at the centerpoint sniper 370 , lot of informational videos on line ,has a good warranty and in the price range you were talking about.

karak_himal_trekker

+1 on the Centerpoint Sniper 370. Dunham's Sports has it on sale during the weekends. 5 year warranty I believe. Adjustable stock with illuminated scope. Dunham's Sports had it for 239.99 in my area (with a coupon) on Labor Day. They stated that it would probably hit somewhere close to that price again on the weekends. Definitely worth checking out.