Feeling lucky

koszman

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I'm feeling lucky after getting in a car wreck yesterday. Yesterday a little before 4 me and my wife were driving down hwy 902 in Chatham county in her Jeep Grand Cherokee at about 55 mph when this older man let the 2 cars in front of us go by the he turned right in front of us. Not good I hit him in the passenger side door flipping his Ford F-150 truck and totaling our 2015 Jeep. After an ambulance ride and several hours in the er we are finally home. Sore and bruised up but no broken bones me and my wife are ok. The other driver only suffered a scrape on his head. We were all lucky could have been a lot worse. Someone was looking over us. All could have been prevent if people would take their head out of their butts when they drive. Now the fight with the insurance company.

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Glad you're ok. I came through there just a hair after they cleaned that up I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Glad you're ok, we saw lots of "incredible" driving yesterday. I was amazed at how some people actually live from day to day...

302cj

Old Mossy Horns
Glad you're ok and can honestly say I know how you feel. I've been in at least a Dozen crashes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Geez glad you are ok. When my wife got in an accident the other peoples insurance was a breeze to deal with as soon as they figured out their customer was at fault.

How sore do you feel today?

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
Glad it was no worse for both of you than just bruise's and soreness. Yeah I can attest at the way people drive everywhere I go it surely is dangerous on the roadways..Good luck with the insurance company..

1gonewrong

Six Pointer
Give it some time and don't be to quick to settle. You are probably okay after having been checked but days or weeks after an
accident medical issues can come up. I know all about that firsthand. The insurance company will probably offer you trade in value for your car. Insist on retail or more and don't hesitate to hire a lawyer.

koszman

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Thanks contacted my lawyer today. His insurance agent called me and got down right upset when I told her my attorney would be making contact with her.

jenkinsnb

Ten Pointer
Give it some time and don't be to quick to settle. You are probably okay after having been checked but days or weeks after an
accident medical issues can come up. I know all about that firsthand. The insurance company will probably offer you trade in value for your car. Insist on retail or more and don't hesitate to hire a lawyer.

A good older friend of mine was in a car wreck a few years ago. He was cleared with only some minor bruising and such. He was almost settled with insurance and mess when he was rushed to the hospital. Come to find out, he had a blood clot in his leg that he wasn't aware of that they believed came loose from the incident and found its way to a lung. I would certainly give it a couple days to make sure everyone is still up to snuff. I'm glad y'all are ok and praying you can get past this as smoothly as possible.

koszman

Ten Pointer
Contributor
We have a appointment with our regular doctor on Thursday to gets some things checked out. Will run through some check and going to let my attorney handle the fighting with the insurance company.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
My wife was in a dual collision years ago, she was rear ended and pushed into the car in front of her.
The dual forces caused severe whiplash that caused nerve damage that didn't show up for months.
Don't sign anything that limits future medical coverage.

koszman

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I'm finding that out. Started having numbness on the left side of my face blurred vision in left eye and dizziness and numbness in my left arm so I had to go to doctors office. Outcome a concussion and possible disc damage in my neck for possible neck surgery. O boy just makes my day even better. This is really starting to be a real pain in the arse.

Last edited:

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I'm finding that out. Started having numbness on the left side of my face blurred vision in left eye and dizziness and numbness in my left arm so I had to go to doctors office. Outcome a concussion and possible disc damage in my neck for possible neck surgery. O boy just makes my day even better. This is really starting to be a real pain in the arse.

I am sorry to read this part of the thread. However, after looking at your pics and reading your story, I can't help but think, it the same wreck happened 20 years ago, it might have been a very different outcome.

Even with your current issues, I would still agree with you that you are still "lucky".