Post Your Eclipse Photos

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I'll start.

I took a bunch with my filter, but this one taken through the clouds without the filter is the one I like best:

attachment.php

A giant cloud rolled over here with 2 minutes until totality, and stayed for about 10 minutes. Thankfully, all I had to do was walk out the front door and set up the tripod, because if I had traveled long distance and spent a lot of money to view this, I would be disappointed.

Last edited:

smith-n-stokes

Old Mossy Horns
Cool shot! We had cloud cover at " the peak" time too. I was able to get off work a little early and look at it with my boys. We used the pinhole box... saw lots of people out with telescopes and boxes checking it out too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoonDock

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Amen to that...

We traveled to get into a totality zone with the family, and I don't regret it. Many don't understand that even at 99% you can't view it with the naked eye and don't get the halo effect that everyone associates with the eclipse. We traveled to some remote game lands in SC, and hit about 30 minutes of traffic on the way back and there were about 8 folks near where we watched. We strolled down a path and got in a dove field and didnt see a soul. We were able to watch with naked eye for over 2 minutes and it was pretty awesome. I would never travel to see anything less than 100% totality.

Last edited:

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
We traveled to get into a totality zone with the family, and I don't regret it. Many don't understand that even at 99% you can't view it with the naked eye and don't get the halo effect that everyone associates with the eclipse. We traveled to some remote game lands in SC, and hit about 30 minutes of traffic on the way back and there were about 8 folks near where we watched. We strolled down a path and got in a dove field and didnt see a soul. We were able to watch with naked eye for over 2 minutes and it was pretty awesome. I would never travel to see anything less than 100% totality.

yes, you are 100% in synch with my opinion on the matter,,,,,

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Great picture, unfortunately our cell phone cameras didn't do it justice with the cheap filters we had. I'll just have to enjoy the fruits of other's labors.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Here's another one, with the filter. Of course my equipment and skill level is not good enough to capture the magazine quality light rays. This one is just before totality.

attachment.php

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Great picture, unfortunately our cell phone cameras didn't do it justice with the cheap filters we had. I'll just have to enjoy the fruits of other's labors.

I used an app on the phone that allowed me to adjust zoom, brightness and Exposure.