Broad head question

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Yeah, unless I missed them, they don't carry the Magus Stingers. I went up there a couple weeks ago to get a dozen arrows and some more broad heads, and they didn't have any.

Great folks, but I wish they would stock a little more product.

bradman

Spike
Good for you and your daughter. You did the right thing going with the heavier broad head. Please give us an update on her shooting with the bh's compared to the fieldpoints. Best of luck to her this hunting season!!

pir8rn

Six Pointer
If anyone is looking for the Same, I've got two packs in the classifieds. 100gr version doesn't seem to draw much interest...

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
^ Just as a heads up, I can have them shipped to my door in 2 days for $30 each. In fact, I just ordered another pack 2 weeks ago.

Now if you want to ship me both packs for $30, send them on.

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
When my son was 13 he was less than 100 pounds. He was shooting 40# and used Magnus II 2 blade heads to take 2 deer. Got complete passthroughs on both.

nchunter2

Eight Pointer
Light weight bows, heavy arrows & cut on contact broadheads are lethal in every day but long, long shots. Can't go wrong with Magnus or VPA.....Slick Trick razors seem to be good but never shot them myself.

aaronmdln1

Six Pointer
A 2 blade 125 Magnus Stinger or Buzzcut is what i would use. I saw you choose the Slick Tricks which are great heads. All will kill deer from 75gr all the way up to the heavier 250 or 300grn heads. I always recomend a heavy 2 blade as it creates alot of FOC which relates into momentum. KE is irrelevant to arrow capability as is measure impact not how the arrow pushes through animal bone and body matter. 2 blade heads are among the most accurate and tunable heads avaliable. If they were so hard to tune then the instinctive trade bow hunters wouldnt use them. Your daughters bow creates a ton more speed and energy at 35 to 40lbs dw then most trade bows made. Heavy arrows and FOC will dominate light arrows amd speed anyday. Read up on what trad hunters use,,500 to 700 grain arrows at a whopping 150 to 200fps speeds with 150grn heads up front. They stick arrows through deer,bear,and elk and into the ground due to their ability to create MOMENTUM,, not kenetic energy. This isnt my opinion its proven science. I have been bow hunting for the better part of 32 years. I chased speed for alot if those. If you have taught her how to shoot and she has practiced like you said,she will do fine with 95% of the fixed heads out there. I shoot 51lbs and a Magnus Black hornet with 210gr up front on a 500grn arrow and it blown through every deer ive shot. Know her limitations on yardage shoot true and best of luck to her. She will do just fine. Hope you and her have a awesome succesful season in the tree together as that will mean more then anything.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pir8rn

Six Pointer
^ Just as a heads up, I can have them shipped to my door in 2 days for $30 each. In fact, I just ordered another pack 2 weeks ago.

Now if you want to ship me both packs for $30, send them on.

I said prices were negotiable, but nobody has even asked about them... I didn't realize Amazon had them so cheap though when they are $39.99 at the big box stores.

Last edited: