Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
[video=youtube;KCl98-xL2Os]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCl98-xL2Os[/video]

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
50 cal vs anything= awesome!

My thoughts too, my liberal nephew asked why I needed one...... my response was my inability to go on without one. If they made something bigger than a bmg that didn't require a class 3 I'd have that too!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CountryRN

Twelve Pointer
My thoughts too, my liberal nephew asked why I needed one...... my response was my inability to go on without one. If they made something bigger than a bmg that didn't require a class 3 I'd have that too!!!

Tell him you got a 50 cal. because they don't make a 60 cal.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
You could put it in a gun vise/lead sled...nobody's gotta know. :)

They would when either the stock or the sled splintered!!!! I've shot my share of big bore and love em but those big bore nitros put one hell of a whoopin on a shoulder and make what a lot of us shoot with heavy recoil look like 22s

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
I would like to shoot that rifle just one time no doubt it would wake up the arthritis in my shoulder though..Nice fire show with the propane tanks, really cool..

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
I'm not convinced that dude is the sharpest knife in the drawer.

I was once on a I G (Inspector team). We were observing SAC (Strategic Air Command) B47 bombers alert scramble and take off with JATO (Jet Assist Take Off). I can't remember just how many bottles of JATO were attached to the racks on the bombers but think I recall each bottle produced something like 16,000 LBS of thrust for 16 seconds. After take off the JATO racks were jettisoned on a range the appropriate distance after lift off. Racks and bottles were recovered for re-use.

In this instance one bottle did not ignite and was later brought back to a disposal area where it was fastened down on a concrete pad between steel mounts much like the mounts on a rifle for a scope. It was awesome to view the power and the noise was deafening. We moved back the prescribed distance and the guy in charge touched off the "round". Somehow the bottle came out of the rack and made a completely pass thru on a small building. Goes without saying those securing the bottle and the guy that was in charge of the demolition did not have a good day. Thankfully no one was hurt.

Bottom line is one of those bottles could just as easily have come towards the shooter. I definitely "ain't gonna try that".

Redeye

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Anyone else notice that the dude never put on his ear muffs? Bet his ears are still ringing....

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I'm not convinced that dude is the sharpest knife in the drawer.

I was once on a I G (Inspector team). We were observing SAC (Strategic Air Command) B47 bombers alert scramble and take off with JATO (Jet Assist Take Off). I can't remember just how many bottles of JATO were attached to the racks on the bombers but think I recall each bottle produced something like 16,000 LBS of thrust for 16 seconds. After take off the JATO racks were jettisoned on a range the appropriate distance after lift off. Racks and bottles were recovered for re-use.

In this instance one bottle did not ignite and was later brought back to a disposal area where it was fastened down on a concrete pad between steel mounts much like the mounts on a rifle for a scope. It was awesome to view the power and the noise was deafening. We moved back the prescribed distance and the guy in charge touched off the "round". Somehow the bottle came out of the rack and made a completely pass thru on a small building. Goes without saying those securing the bottle and the guy that was in charge of the demolition did not have a good day. Thankfully no one was hurt.

Bottom line is one of those bottles could just as easily have come towards the shooter. I definitely "ain't gonna try that".

yeah that is one thrill i can miss and be ok with it.

apexhunter

Ten Pointer
A good friend of mine goes to an annual "shoot" each year where several people shoot most every gun in their arsenal at an assortment of targets and at varying distances. The guns range from common pistols & rifles (mostly AR, Daewoo, Sig and other military style) to 50 BMG and a couple guys have their Class A and bring full auto rifles. At the end of the day they shoot a few reactive targets and these have graduated from 1-2# of Tannerite to as much as 20# packed into an object and from disposable camp stove propane tanks to 20# or even 100# propane cylinders. Last year they shot a couple 20# cylinders and the finale being a dilapidated 100 pounder that when it exploded sent shrapnel 250 yards in all directions. Fortunately there were no dramatic injuries requiring surgery or amputation but a couple people were very lucky as one piece of a tank was 6" from removing one person's limb. Needless to say this type of target is now off limits and Larry R was on point with the danger of detonating such objects without protective barriers for all participants and attendees.