Anybody hunting SC?

smilliganqb

Eight Pointer
I know it's NC hunt and fish, but I got the itch bad and some of y'all out there been down to SC since it opened on Tuesday. Anybody got any early season stories, kills? Trying to live vicariously til the 9th!

stilker

Old Mossy Horns
I know it's NC hunt and fish, but I got the itch bad and some of y'all out there been down to SC since it opened on Tuesday. Anybody got any early season stories, kills? Trying to live vicariously til the 9th!

Keep your eye on Woodmoose,he'll kick it off any day now.

smilliganqb

Eight Pointer
It's to hot and muggy even for my addicted butt,,,,

Definitely understand that! Have you ever tried one of those Snap Cooling towels during early season? Get it wet and give it a snap and it is supposed to keep cold for 2 hours before having to get it wet again. Was thinking about getting a couple. Anybody think it would create a scent problem?

Sharps40

Old Mossy Horns
Heading to the low country in November. Taking Dad and meeting Pals. Gonna be great again cause the company and the hunting rocks!

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
Definitely understand that! Have you ever tried one of those Snap Cooling towels during early season? Get it wet and give it a snap and it is supposed to keep cold for 2 hours before having to get it wet again. Was thinking about getting a couple. Anybody think it would create a scent problem?
It's not gonna smell any worse than the rest of you...all the gidget gadget sprays and soaps in the world won't help you if your scent stream hits a deers nose...

Last edited:

Redneck Rocker Dude

Old Mossy Horns
Idk what the tag laws are there now but a buddy of mines dad has been out 4 times and killed 3 8pts so far. That's in the low country. Got another guy who's been twice but says it's too hot and miserable to sit there and not see anything.

Hell I just put my first bag of corn and camera out today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutediesel

Button Buck
I hunt johnsonville and there's been a lot of movement but no kills ... some nice ones on camera though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MtnMan

Ten Pointer
I used to hunt between Camden and Lake Wateree. I think that place was on the edge of Hell in August. Quit hunting down there when I started seeing and killing more copperheads than deer. Killed one copperhead 49 inches long.

Quackman

Twelve Pointer
Hunted my Camden property Saturday morning for a couple hours. HOT and MUGGY! Saw 6 doe and 3 bucks. One was a pretty nice deer but was 300 yards out in a cutover so I never got a really good look at him. Had a rattler slither across the trail I cut to get to my stand around 7. Watched my step on the way out.

dlbaile

Ten Pointer
HOT HOT HOT,went out this morning to set up a ground blind and drop some corn out,felt like I had fallen in a pond of hot water when i got done.