Bacon

genbud78

Ten Pointer
Never had pigs on cam before. Only 1 boar showing up now but neighboring lease said there were nearly 30 on them last year. Guy killed one that was over 200lbs.
694556c52c956013702a12d9db69c069.jpg
f4ac9ac1b595d6c710e86987dbb2ed5c.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

genbud78

Ten Pointer
Go get him. I promise you they will make a big mess!
That's what I hear. Hope to bust him soon. He's been coming in consistently on cam at first and last light. Maybe he'll roll through on opening day and he'll tote an arrow away

catfishrus

Twelve Pointer
That's what I hear. Hope to bust him soon. He's been coming in consistently on cam at first and last light. Maybe he'll roll through on opening day and he'll tote an arrow away

I wouldn't wait that long.....I would go ahead get him if he's coming consistently. He will run your deer off if they not use to them...takes the deer several years to adjust to the presents of pigs has been my experience.

One more thing...if you get 30 coming...you cant afford to put out enough corn to get deer coming. I watched 19 eat 200lbs of shell corn in 15 minutes on trail camera. They leave nothing behind.

Last edited:

genbud78

Ten Pointer
I wouldn't wait that long.....I would go ahead get him if he's coming consistently. He will run your deer off if they not use to them...takes the deer several years to adjust to the presents of pigs has been my experience.

One more thing...if you get 30 coming...you cant afford to put out enough corn to get deer coming. I watched 19 eat 200lbs of shell corn in 15 minutes on trail camera. They leave nothing behind.
Hopefully it's just this one wondering and he won't bring any others with him but that may be wishful thinking. I've been trying to educate myself on hogs since seeing this one. I've never hunted an area that hogs were very prevalent so I don't know much about them. I do know that every one we see will get popped

Last edited:

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Slip down there one of these cooler days that's coming and take him out. Sooner rather than later.

rutnstrut

Ten Pointer
What part of anson are you in. Anson has had hogs for a long time in places but the last two years they have been spreading fast. I told my wife the other night within a year they will be behind our house. They already aren't far from us now.

genbud78

Ten Pointer
What part of anson are you in. Anson has had hogs for a long time in places but the last two years they have been spreading fast. I told my wife the other night within a year they will be behind our house. They already aren't far from us now.

Not terribly far out of Wadesboro

Buckshot1

Twelve Pointer
You have two kinds of counties in NC, those that have hogs and those that are gonna have hogs. Even though its illegal there are still a lot folks that are catching them one place and releasing them in other places. Hogs aren't migrating, they are catching rides! if you have one you have too many.