hand gun

Catlefarmer

Six Pointer
just bought my oldest girl a Taurus 38 ultra-lite to carry when she goes to work not much on Taurus but could not beat the price. Just wanting to get some in put on it

brucesmith0817

Six Pointer
Don't know about the status but I have a Rossi 38 that I've put at least 3000 rounds through in the last 25 years one of as good a shooting pistol that I've ever owned an I have quite a few

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

samuelrp

Eight Pointer
Taurus cannot manufacture a semi auto that will have 100 % reliability, but their revolvers seem to be good. Based on what I know.

Muzzleodor

Eight Pointer
I had the same one for my girlfriend but not for long. The trigger pull is so heavy she couldnt shoot it double action without BOTH trigger fingers, and shes not weak, she can stack full beer kegs on top of one another. So now she has an LCR that she can actually use. Spend some time on the range with it before she trusts her life in it.

Muzzleodor

Eight Pointer
I will never have another Taurus regardless of the price, any pistol is cheaper than a loved ones life if you think about it.

Buffet Trout

Twelve Pointer
Cannot speak to Taurus, but I carry an air weight...the hornady critical defense is a good round with low recoil

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
My wife isn't the strongest little woman, and she never had any trouble with the trigger after a simple smoothing of the works.
Her issue was the control of the revolver in a multiple shot sequence. It actually needs a larger hand to control the snap.
I've had several Taurus revolvers and never had any problems with them.

ABolt

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I have a similar Taurus - it's a CIA in .357 Magnum. Replaced the grips with longer Pachmeyers, and really had to practice with it to be proficient. It's a good concealed option when I'm active outdoors. Nothing against the Taurus in terms of quality of manufacture, reliability, or anything else - it works as advertised. Easily concealed, lots of power.

However, for sending lots of ammo down range accurately, there are MANY better options, especially for women...

Last edited:

btsharky

Twelve Pointer
I have a couple of Taurus revolvers and they are just as reliable as my Smith and Ruger wheel guns. I will carry one with just as much confidence as the other brands. Never had an issue with one.

SamCo89

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Had a ported 6" M627 7nd 357mag a few years ago. Loved it, actually sold it to someone on here..Wish I had kept it.

Just bought my wife a PT111 G2 9mm from a friend.She likes it, the trigger leaves alittle to be desired but it feeds/fuctions fine & is accurate.