Baby Girl off to ECU

HuntinCop

Twelve Pointer
Hey guys,

I haven't posted in quite a while. We've had our hands full around here. Hard to believe she's grown but I'm dropping my daughter off at ECU tomorrow morning for move in day. Excited, nervous and heart broken all at the same time. Prayers appreciated.

boomer

Twelve Pointer
Good luck to you and to your daughter. My daughter moves in Friday at ECU. It will be a very good day but a very heartbreaking day too. It is hard to believe that she is now 18 and heading to college. I have been dreading this week for awhile now but I know that has to be.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Hey guys,

I haven't posted in quite a while. We've had our hands full around here. Hard to believe she's grown but I'm dropping my daughter off at ECU tomorrow morning for move in day. Excited, nervous and heart broken all at the same time. Prayers appreciated.

One of the worst days of my life. I had to act "brave" so that my wife and daughter did as well as they did. It turned out great the first family we met turned into my daughter's best friend continuing today.

prayers sent. HC, Good Luck.

Crappie_Hunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Congrats and good luck! I remember when my parents dropped me off at college, an emotional day for everyone. I've got a few years before my son will have to one day be dropped off, I hope everything goes as smooth as possible!

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
My son is headed back there (ECU) at the end of the week. He's a senior. It gets easier the more they leave but the first is the hardest. Do your best to keep up with how things are going without being intrusive. Many students don't make it to the second semester.

BTW, I sniffled for about an hour on the way home while my wife patted me on the back.

Last edited:

ksherb

Six Pointer
Contributor
Dropped my youngest off Saturday. Somebody must have been cutting onions in that dorm.

stilker

Old Mossy Horns
Congrats to your daughter and your family,my brother-in law and sister- in law both went there and loved it.

ridenismo

Six Pointer
Buy your football tickets now, itll give you a chance to "check in" without looking protective. My parents did that, and looking back it was a slick way of keeping me out of a lot of trouble on the days when there was an over abundance of it going around! Hopefully you'll be bleeding purple and gold soon, GO PIRATES!

nchawkeye

Old Mossy Horns
Have all 3 of my girls out of school and the 2 oldest married...

The wife and I met at ECU, in 1974, in front of the Elbow Room, one of my buddies (Woody Perry) introduced us...

Tell your kids you know the fellow that took Rameses before the ECU/UNC game in 1976...When we gave him back, he was dyed purple and his horns were painted gold...Good times... :)

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
My Mother, my son, my DIL, several nieces and grandnieces all graduated ECU; you might say my family likes the place.

samuelrp

Eight Pointer
When I left my daughter in chapel hill in 2009, there was a huge rainbow above her. Very difficult on dads at college time. She is 26 now and I finally admitted to her this last birthday what she has told me for years........she is a grown woman. She declared my statement a miracle.

deerhunter28

Ten Pointer
Taking my son to UNC Charlotte tomorrow.
10:30 AM.
We will see how it works out.
I toke my son skydiving today before the school deal.
Awesome if a not perfect day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

C52

Eight Pointer
Set my daughter up in her apartment Sunday. This is her second year at ECU. It was a lot easier the second time. She loves it there and is doing great. Luckily we are only 30 minutes away

witler

Eight Pointer
Congrats to both you and your daughter. It's tough going from holding them in your arms to watching someone else hold them in their arms.

ecufan

Eight Pointer
Mine graduated from ECU in 2016. Came home and worked til May of 2017 and moved to Arizona. Talk about missing her. I can't just jump in truck,drive a few hours and see her now.

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
Hope the move in went well. Traffic in Greenville has been as bad the last few days as I have ever seen.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
Have all 3 of my girls out of school and the 2 oldest married...

The wife and I met at ECU, in 1974, in front of the Elbow Room, one of my buddies (Woody Perry) introduced us...

Tell your kids you know the fellow that took Rameses before the ECU/UNC game in 1976...When we gave him back, he was dyed purple and his horns were painted gold...Good times... :)

I have a picture of that. I think I posted it here before.

stormm4

Big Ole Nanny Doe
I worked in the ECU Police dept for three years. Tell them all don't be shy about talking to police officers. great bunch of officers to look out for them and help if they need it, ask.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I dropped my daughter off yesterday at ECU. Saw several mothers and daughters with sad faces. One little girl in my daughters dorm was crying in the elevator. I cant understand the sadness from the kids going to college. Going OFF to college would have been a freaking vacation for me.
I can see the parents being sad , my wife was a freaking mess the day before but was fine on the day we moved her in. I don't have time to get too sad. Somebody has to pay for that ECU education. ;)

Last edited:

nchawkeye

Old Mossy Horns
My parents didn't drop me off, my sister, who was a Junior simply gave me a ride...Of course, we took all our daughters, helped them get the room ready, moved them in, spent all day doing so as well...Two graduated from APP and one from Carolina, then Wake...

DC-DXT

Twelve Pointer
Congratulations!! Wife and I are both ECU grads, she has 2 degrees from ECU. Wife is also a professor at ECU. My wife hates working during the summer because the campus is dead, hardly no students. She's glad the students are back and campus is alive again.

hawkman

Eight Pointer
I'm with you, man. Dropped my oldest off at Liberty for her freshman year. Can't believe it. Stunned. It was tough, and it will be at times. But I'm so stoked for her at the same time. What will be hardest is the change to our family unit. This is the first major change since our youngest was born 7 years ago. Now we're back down to a place setting of FIVE. We do a lot together as a family and we'll miss her.