Coyote tips

mattharris0414

Hey guys i have got tons of coyote pics this year so far. Whats the best way to hunt them right now without spooking deer for archery season?

odie408

Ten Pointer
If you have a ton of coyotes I would not worry about spooking the deer. Take care of the yotes any way you can, we are using dogs now. Nov. 1 you or someone should trap. Calling will get a few and educate the rest.

Newsome Road

Ten Pointer
If you have a ton of coyotes I would not worry about spooking the deer. Take care of the yotes any way you can, we are using dogs now. Nov. 1 you or someone should trap. Calling will get a few and educate the rest.

Good advice. The deer really aren't going to pay you a lot of attention right now, and probably will appreciate you killing a few. Hunting them with an e caller is fun, but unless you figure out something I couldn't, you'll educate more than you kill. Trapping is definitely the best way to put a dent in the numbers.

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
If you are going to hunt them in the day time and are worried about educating the already very smart rascals I suggest you use three hunters to spread out and catch the yotes trying to sneak in on the caller who the coyote has already pinpointed better than a GPS unit.

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
I suggest you use three hunters QUOTE]

Or at least 2, 1 up high, with a view and a rifle, and 1 down low with a shotgun.........this is how they taught me out in Idaho.

Up high, here, would mean, up in a tree stand possibly.

And ALWAYS shoot the furthest 1 first...then work on closer ones.

Last edited: