Turkey Outfitter Recommendations for Tennessee, Virginia, Georgia, or South Carolina

Shockgobbles

Six Pointer
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for recommendations for turkey guides. I graduated college this past year so I will finally be able to accompany my father and younger brother out of state after being stuck in class for the past few seasons. Basically we are looking for a 5 or so day hunt in one of these states where we can hunt semi-guided, on large tracts of land and harvest up to the state limit of birds. So I was wondering if you folks have any good suggestions of outfitters to book.

One thing that I've found challenging is finding places that will allow us to harvest more than one or two birds and hunt more than two or three days. We are all experienced hunters and may not get a chance to do this again over the next few years so we really want to go all out for the trip and really make it a trip to remember.

If any of you have suggestions and experience with outfitters that you would recommend, please let me know.

Thanks,

Shockgobbles

nhn2a

Ten Pointer
Since you're looking at semi-guided anyway, I'd second the DIY on public lands. I know a lot of guys in both NC and TN that only hunt on public and all are very successful. Ton of land and birds.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Zach's Grandpa

Old Mossy Horns
I can steer you toward public land in Tn but I need some info. Physical condition, experience, when you plan to go for starters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
outfitters are not going to give you free reign for five days. unless you pay for two hunts. that's expensive for three guys.

you can find some great out of state spots by talking with the nwtf biologists listed for various states. they and regional directors know alot of places and people.

state biologists from the game commissions are also helpful. Charles Ruth In SC would be a super person to email for SC info.

Outfitters are not needed for recent college graduates. You youngsters will be fine on a DIY public hunt. Pops will just have to hang in there. :)

hang around this forum and you'll see some mountain men that could get you your NC limit pretty easily assuming you can handle the hills.

Good Luck, your trip seems ideal for an unforgettable spring.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I'd also go with DIY public can't beat good camping trip in spring and hunt as many days as you want for price license and food it can be ot fun but in all honesty going in blind first time your success rate may be low it usually takes couple years to learn place if you can make scouting trip you would be ahead of game but you just never know till you go and see how pressured a place is. A 5 or more hunt with outfitter would be hard to find most are 2-3 day hunts. To be 100% honest if you have that many days to hunt and are willing to spend the cash there are much better outfitters by heading west nad you can hunt different species like Merriams which make for way way more fun hunt than eastern I can give you some names but your little late in year to get any rime dates like opening week but there are certain people you can hunt with that you all will still kill birds even in later season