Thread: Flounder gigging near Bath? Wading.

Default Flounder gigging near Bath? Wading.

Does anyone gig flounder in the Pamlico/Pungo? I'd like to try it sometime. Wading.

I've never seen the water clear enough to even consider trying it. Every time I've fished either area, the water always looks like coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by darenative View Post
    I've never seen the water clear enough to even consider trying it. Every time I've fished either area, the water always looks like coffee.
    That's what I was thinking but I do think people do it, boat or wading, so why waste an opportunity? I'll ask Richie at East Side Tackle and see what he says. He was selling somone a hand-held light the other day.

Old Mossy Horns

Some do some gigging there. Figure out what wind direction you need to get clearer water. I have fished there when the water was stained but still enough clarity to gig, made me want to go gigging that night. Years ago me and Dad would wade gigged all over the Tar-Pamlico River.
    "One does not hunt in order to kill, one kills in order to have hunted". Finn Aagard

It can be done here on the Pungo. Grew up doing that at a early age now have moved to a little bow fishing