Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to buy seed.

Contributor

Default Where to buy seed.

This will be my first year buying seed for plots. We just closed on our land yesterday and, from asking before and previous posts, fall planting time is fast approaching. I've still got to mow and spray my plot areas, but where do I buy the seeds? I'm in Stokes County.

Six Pointer

I buy mine from Hancock's when I can't get it close to me or it's to expensive to by local. Most of their seeds have free shipping under 25# and will be at your door in about 4 days.

Quote Originally Posted by beard&bow View Post
    This will be my first year buying seed for plots. We just closed on our land yesterday and, from asking before and previous posts, fall planting time is fast approaching. I've still got to mow and spray my plot areas, but where do I buy the seeds? I'm in Stokes County.
    If you have a Southern States close most of them have bags open already for less than full bag purchases, or our local one does.

Quote Originally Posted by beard&bow View Post
    LTD in King should have what you need, or they will get it.

Just order from whitetail institute

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lowery63 View Post
    Just order from whitetail institute

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Not knocking it, but you can usually get larger quantities of seed that do the same for the same price or cheaper from a local farm supply/seed store.

OP, see if there's a CPS (Crop Production Services) in your area. They usually have all the typical foodplot seeds, or can get them within a few days.
    Matt
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    American By Birth, Southern By The Grace Of God

Ten Pointer

Get that 2 ton/acre of lime out now, take soil sample for your planting, this will save you time/money instead of guess work. Definately spray wait 10 days then disc well, you should have your lime down before discing. Put out Oats, turnip, radish, in @ Sep.2-18 this will get you this year. These grow with lower PH, fertilize once you seed with AG recommendation. Do clover next year once your PH gets up from liming fall is best. Next spring, soybeans for sure. Good luck, happy/safe hunting this year.

Contributor

Thanks yal. Everything is happening fast on this end. A good fast. Children, trying to lock down a house plan(which we've switched several times over, but for good reason,) partial construction lender, start the farm up, work, school, perc, well, power, everything else, oh and deer. Can't forget the deer. Lol.
    To have what he has never had, a man MUST do things he has never done.

I'm late posting...The mill in Walnut Cove has a little bit of everything and are good guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by smith-n-stokes View Post
    I'm late posting...The mill in Walnut Cove has a little bit of everything and are good guys.
    See what I'm talking about... Lol. The place we get scratch from, the place I know deals in seed, I haven't thought of. Thanks Smith.
    To have what he has never had, a man MUST do things he has never done.