Bought a used bow

bradman

Spike
So a friend of mine went to the darkside and bought a crossbow. In turn, he sold me his bow since I haven't had one in many years. I picked it up today for $250. It's a Mathews Switchback with a Truglo sight and a Mongoose release. It has six boxes of arrows, but none are completely full. Still lots of arrows, woo hoo! I think that my pal did me pretty good on the deal, what do you guys think? Lots of broadheads still in the packages, extra cams for the bow, an extra string new in the package and new cables as well. I'm set. I shot the bow and it is sweet. If my arm was as strong as the last time I shot one of these things, I'd be golden. I've got to get myself back into bowshooting shape!! LoL. :eek:

Attachments

• DSC02188.jpg
    DSC02188.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 216

Bass-n-Deer-416

Four Pointer
That is an EXCELLENT deal there, great bow to have. Definitely somewhat envious, not very often do you come across a package like that.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Sounds like you bought the equipment and he threw the bow in for free, that's a heck of a deal on a really good bow set up.

MyHrly

Six Pointer
I have a 2010 Mathews Z7, I Paid $500.00 for it Used and I was Happy with the Price, I have killed several Deer with it and see no reason to upgrade at this time, You got a Great Deal. Happy Hunting!

NCHNTR

Old Mossy Horns
They killed lots of deer around 2005-2007 and I'm sure yours will keep on doing the same. Good luck and practice a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bradman

Spike
I really like it. It shoots great and is really accurate. My only problem is years of not shooting has left me with a weak left arm. I've got to build my arm back up, lol. Thanks guys.

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
That's a dang good bargain. A guy I go to church with offered to sell me his switchback a few years ago, I turned it down because my Bowtech is fine. He was asking $350 with no arrows.

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
If your not familiar with a bow please go get your draw length right. I know they are draw specific cams on that model. You got a great deal. Cheers.

bradman

Spike
If your not familiar with a bow please go get your draw length right. I know they are draw specific cams on that model. You got a great deal. Cheers.

Yeah, the guy and I have the same draw length. I've moved the pins a bit, but otherwise the bow is set up perfect for me. I really lucked out on this one. Thank you.

30/06

Twelve Pointer
Switchback was one of the best bows made back in the day, lots of guys still shooting them, many switched to the latest and greatest and ended up going "switching back". Good luck.

bradman

Spike
Switchback was one of the best bows made back in the day, lots of guys still shooting them, many switched to the latest and greatest and ended up going "switching back". Good luck.

Man, I have had so much fun with this thing! I forgot just how much fun shooting the bow was. I don't deer hunt any more, but I'll find something to hunt with it. Might even get me a bow fishing rig for it, who knows? I'll have to learn the rules and regs about that next. lol.