Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NC Waterfowl Impoundment Guides

chevync20 - hope you find a good guide to go with,,,,,,I'm a volunteer if you need a 2nd body!!
    when the truth hurts,,,,,,

Four Pointer

Besides not returning your calls, the good ones book up very early. I think Adam Jones open and closed his book in a week. Many of the impoundments that used to offer guided day hunts are now membership clubs. cost are nothing like Wild Wings. Most are from $2500 per season to about $12,000 per season. Most hunt Saturdays and a weekday. The reason I get worked up about Sunday hunting is the potential to lose a weekend. It would hurt a lot of businesses in Hyde. They get a huge influx in Bear and duck season.

If you can get a spot at Dare to Hyde, while they may seem pricey, they really have some great impoundments.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydemarsh View Post
    Besides not returning your calls, the good ones book up very early. I think Adam Jones open and closed his book in a week. Many of the impoundments that used to offer guided day hunts are now membership clubs. cost are nothing like Wild Wings. Most are from $2500 per season to about $12,000 per season. Most hunt Saturdays and a weekday. The reason I get worked up about Sunday hunting is the potential to lose a weekend. It would hurt a lot of businesses in Hyde. They get a huge influx in Bear and duck season

If you can get a spot at Dare to Hyde, while they may seem pricey, they really have some great impoundments.
    I've hunted with Adam Jones, he can put you on birds when no one else can.
    "Nothing runs like a deer except a Walker"

Sevierville TN. Randolph county Native!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat3 View Post
    I've hunted with Adam Jones, he can put you on birds when no one else can.
    Same here. Good guy and will flat out put you on'em.
    I live in Tennessee, but my home is North By God Carolina!
    Just because you do not agree with my opinion, it does not make me wrong!

Six Pointer

Quote Originally Posted by woodmoose View Post
    I was semi-joking,,,,,,i too want to pick my days,,,,,,

the anti-sunday duck hunting just cracks me up,,,,,,so many other states (with good and bad duck numbers) do just fine with Sunday hunting but NC will be trashed if it happens,,,,,,,,not because its a tradition mind you (which is the real reason for folks opposition) but because the ducks can't handle it,,,,,,,

gimme a break,,,,,,,,

edit to get back on topic,,,,,,,

I don't know any other impoundment guides than whats already been addressed,,,,,,most NC duck guides won't return phone calls anyhow unless they know you,,,,,,they are popular,,,,,
    This is my opinion on it. Everywhere else, with good, bad, or indifferent duck hunting, has Sunday hunting. It doesn't really seem relevant to hunting.

Four Pointer

Quote Originally Posted by skydog View Post
    With regards to SH...I've lived it here in VA for a few years now since we put it in place. It's not a question of it being some apocalyptically bad event for duck hunting, but it certainly hasn't helped anything.

Because the way the 60 days worked out, our season used to include every weekend from Mid Nov-end of Jan (weekday split in early December). Now with SH, we get 10 days in November and less than two weeks in December. Oh and the birds we do get to hunt during that compressed time are more pressured and seemingly gone from most any 'public' water. Yes, all other states do it, but that doesn't mean it's a good thing.

The atlantic flyway already has the worst duck hunting in the country with too few birds and too many hunters. Adding Sunday hunting to that equation can only hurt. It's a mathematical certainty.
    I agree with you 100%. I have been saying the same thing the whole time. I hunt both VA and NC and have multiple connections in both areas and I can tell you while it hasnt been a HUGE hurt to hunting in VA, especially public areas, it hasnt helped.

Four Pointer

Quote Originally Posted by kahunter View Post
    I agree with you 100%. I have been saying the same thing the whole time. I hunt both VA and NC and have multiple connections in both areas and I can tell you while it hasnt been a HUGE hurt to hunting in VA, especially public areas, it hasnt helped.
    losing a weekend because of Sundays counting against our 60 day limit will be a HUGE hurt to NC hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Inshore duck View Post
    Correct, 32,000 dollars for four 2 day hunts. Hester picks the dates. They do have a few openings on occasion.
    $22k for 4 hunts. Even with everything Hester does there are days his place sucks. A few days last year we couldn't buy a bird, some days you could kill them with tennis rackets. Pat Simmons is doing a few day hunts but they are pricey. DTH will be your best bet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That just blows this poor man's mind...
    I do love looking at their hunting grounds, pretty-pretty eapeciallly when it's full of birds.
    Locked and Loaded Super "Gauge" SH

Quote Originally Posted by straightline View Post
    $22k for 4 hunts. Even with everything Hester does there are days his place sucks. A few days last year we couldn't buy a bird, some days you could kill them with tennis rackets. Pat Simmons is doing a few day hunts but they are pricey. DTH will be your best bet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    almost a thousand a bird if you shoot limits every day. Ill say with my 5 dollar permit hunt and public land.
    Give smokey a drip torch!