Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Blackhorn 209

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Revo View Post
    Do you guys notice a difference in performance with different primers? If so, which do you prefer?
    I have boxes and boxes of 209's for the muzzleloader but understand that these can't be used for the Blackhorn powder.
    I got my BH209, loose powder breech plug and Fiocchi primers from Carlos at Ed's Gun Shop. I've never used any other primer with BH209. From what I've read itwill not pay to use leftover primers meant for muzzle loader use.

<>< Fish
    "Be good and you will be lonesome" - Mark Twain

Eight Pointer

Cleaning the breech plug after every few shots makes a huge difference. My TC Omega will start to pattern awful after 8 or 9 shots. I can clean only the breech plug it will group like it should. I use a drill bit and a welding torch tip cleaning file to clean it.

I measure by weight.

Quote Originally Posted by FishHunt View Post
    Have any of you BH209 users shot over a chronograph to check actual vs. claimed velocity yet?

<>< Fish
    Sure have, shooting 2260ish with a 250gn shockwave over 88.3 gns. Groups right at 1.25 inches at 114 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks TMC for letting me hang on to your thread...

Does anyone local (or even close) to Winston Salem or surrounding area have a source of Fiocchi 209 primers? I've called all over and can't find any. I'd love to only buy once, and have what has been proven to fit tightly in my gun instead of having boxes of primers that I'll never use for anything else.

Ten Pointer

Did you call the gun store in lexington?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Ten Pointer

If you can't find any there cal DGS sports in Lexington. David will order what you need, i'm going down there this afternoon to get my mounts for mine, ill ask about them. His number is 336-787-2506 (cool number) he will work with you to get them.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Ten Pointer

Short of ordering them, Carlos at Ed's in Vass is the only one I know of that stocks them on the shelf and you can buy a 100 pack at the time. I'm sure he will ship you some if you call him at the store.

Ten Pointer

Crap, forgot primers had the hazmat charge.

[QUOTE=team muddy creek;1849632]Did you call the gun store in lexington?

I called them last week, and they didn't stock Fiocchi, but had several other brands. I've called everyone I can find listed locally and can't seem to find anyone that has Fiocchi brand. I would gladly pre-order and pay for them if I could find anyone willing to order a brick of them.
    That $20.00 hazmat fee is keeping me from just ordering them myself from Midway.

Just called David at DGS, he doesn't have anything but CCI 209's and can't even order the Fiocchi brand from his suppliers. This is much harder than it should be dang it. I may just have to bite the bullet and pay that extra $20.00...
    Last edited by Eric Revo; 08-15-2017 at 10:59 AM.

Ten Pointer

[QUOTE=Eric Revo;1849641]
    Quote Originally Posted by team muddy creek View Post
    Did you call the gun store in lexington?

I called them last week, and they didn't stock Fiocchi, but had several other brands. I've called everyone I can find listed locally and can't seem to find anyone that has Fiocchi brand. I would gladly pre-order and pay for them if I could find anyone willing to order a brick of them.
    That $20.00 hazmat fee is keeping me from just ordering them myself from Midway.

Just called David at DGS, he doesn't have anything but CCI 209's and can't even order the Fiocchi brand from his suppliers. This is much harder than it should be dang it. I may just have to bite the bullet and pay that extra $20.00...
    You planning any trips close to Raleigh anytime soon? I'd pick you up some from Ed's if you can get this way or find somebody on here that goes back and forth to meet me.