Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Blackhorn 209

Thanks buddy, I do appreciate that but I hope to not set foot anywhere near that roadwork nightmare anytime in the near future.
    I found that Cheddite primers aren't quite as hot, but they are metric so they are the same diameter as the Fiocchi ones and they are readily available locally. I'll probably just try those.
    Thanks for trying..it is noted and appreciated !

Just picked up a brick of Cheddite primers.Anyone needing a good hot primer for Blackhorn 209 should give these a look.
    They are sealed with laquer and just under magnum heat. Lots of folks online like the way they perform.

Four Pointer

[QUOTE=TravisLH;1849246]Sure have, shooting 2260ish with a 250gn shockwave over 88.3 gns. Groups right at 1.25 inches at 114 yards.

Travis, is that 88.3 gns. weighed or volume...what caliber/gun you shooting? Do you know if you can shoot the older Knights with the plunger type system using a full charge of Blackhorn....I have a Knight BK92... .24" barrel and can shoot 3 of the 50 gr. Tripple 7 pellets with no problems...pretty hot load but have not shot Blackhorn 209 yet. Want to try it but now am wondering if the Winchester 209 primers or CCI 209M primers with the breech plug conversion I have (Full plastic jacket) will handle a full load of Blackhorn...like 84 grains by weight which is 110 grains by volume.

[QUOTE=Winnie 70;1850644]
    Quote Originally Posted by TravisLH View Post
    Sure have, shooting 2260ish with a 250gn shockwave over 88.3 gns. Groups right at 1.25 inches at 114 yards.

Travis, is that 88.3 gns. weighed or volume...what caliber/gun you shooting? Do you know if you can shoot the older Knights with the plunger type system using a full charge of Blackhorn....I have a Knight BK92... .24" barrel and can shoot 3 of the 50 gr. Tripple 7 pellets with no problems...pretty hot load but have not shot Blackhorn 209 yet. Want to try it but now am wondering if the Winchester 209 primers or CCI 209M primers with the breech plug conversion I have (Full plastic jacket) will handle a full load of Blackhorn...like 84 grains by weight which is 110 grains by volume.
    I believe the blackhorn folks themselves recommend only using a sealed enclosed breach system which the old knight system is not. You can call them directly and ask about your specific gun but I don't think you can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When we (man) experienced our fall from grace, God endowed the dog with all the properties initially intended for us...honesty, loyalty, nobility etc. and made the dog our best friend to be kept by our side so that we could see what strengths of character we could aspire to....but never quite achieve.....

https://www.knightrifles.com/product...r-breech-plug/
    Knight says no way on blackhorn use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When we (man) experienced our fall from grace, God endowed the dog with all the properties initially intended for us...honesty, loyalty, nobility etc. and made the dog our best friend to be kept by our side so that we could see what strengths of character we could aspire to....but never quite achieve.....