A few card pulls

25contender

Twelve Pointer
Thought I would share some pics from a few card pulls. Looks like it is going to be a decent year. Last year we only killed two bucks. Both were bucks that had odd racks. We did kill some does but we let a lot of young bucks have a pass. So far this year I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 different rack bucks on two different fields. The bucks have really started to hit the clover fields since our beans have been gone for a few weeks now.
PICT2353-L.jpg
PICT1838-L.jpg
PICT0006_1-L.jpg
PICT0043-L.jpg
PICT0037_1-L.jpg

Last edited:

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
Very nice.
You are very fortunate to have that caliber of deer in NC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe I'm fortunate as well but they look pretty average, he shoots bigger deer then these about every year if my memory is correct. The 9 is pretty, decent 8 in there as well. Nice photos.

25contender

Twelve Pointer
Maybe I'm fortunate as well but they look pretty average, he shoots bigger deer then these about every year if my memory is correct. The 9 is pretty, decent 8 in there as well. Nice photos.

It's funny we get tons of pics on the fields but the deer we kill we very rarely get them on the trail cams. I try not to be envasive where the big bucks hang out. I like the field pics to get a good idea of whats going on with the herd. I dont show all the pics!!:D:D:D

Last edited:

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
It's funny we get tons of pics on the fields but the deer we kill we very rarely get them on the trail cams. I try not to be envasive where the big bucks hang out. I like the field pics to get a good idea of whats going on with the herd. I dont show all the pics!!:D:D:D

I figured you didn't show them all. I try to hold a few back as well, if I didn't everyone would think I was a terrible bowhunter with all these bucks running around my trail cams that I never kill. You've got yours figured out, I don't is the difference ;)

Last edited:

smilliganqb

Eight Pointer
I have them on video, all between 1130 and 0400. Deep nights.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Don't know if it is a coincidence or not, but my cameras on properties that have standing crops (soybean, corn) are getting daylight pic morning and evening. My cameras on properties that are hardwoods with no real food source beside bait sites and micro plots are only catching night time pics 11-4am

25contender

Twelve Pointer
This time of year we get lots of morning pics of the bucks going back to bed. Two years ago I shot 3 nice bucks with a bow and all of them were killed first thing in the morning. I really like hunting mornings!!