Four Rifle Battery

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
I guess I kinda see the appeal of a .300 AAC since I'm an AR owner, but I've never really considered owning one myself. With supersonic rounds its beaten by the 7.62x39mm and the old .30-30 Winchester, and the only advantage over any other subsonic round I see it having is the ease of converting a standard AR to .300 AAC.

read up more on it.
Most the rounds sold are supersonic.
Having had both the 300 blackout is far better abd more useful.

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
I guess I kinda see the appeal of a .300 AAC since I'm an AR owner, but I've never really considered owning one myself. With supersonic rounds its beaten by the 7.62x39mm and the old .30-30 Winchester, and the only advantage over any other subsonic round I see it having is the ease of converting a standard AR to .300 AAC.

But if you're only after that ease of conversion there's much better rounds out there. The 6.8SPC and 6.5Grendel also fit standard AR15 actions and are much more effective than 300AAC

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
But if you're only after that ease of conversion there's much better rounds out there. The 6.8SPC and 6.5Grendel also fit standard AR15 actions and are much more effective than 300AAC

Depending the need and use.
both require more than just a barrel change and cost more for brass and bullets or off the shelf ammo.

gregor187

Six Pointer
30-06,,,,,,anything that walks in North America with right bullet...Custom Bolt Gun since we are pretending.

223/5.56 military style rifle self defense

308/7.62 military style rifle (for more self defense)

22LR..so we won't blow squirrels in half

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
So here is mine.....
22lr......cheap, easy to get ammo for and relatively quite.
223.....literally billions and billion s of rounds floating around and will handle most 2 and 4 legged vermin easily
308....same as 223, but probably not as many rounds of ammo floating around.
Lastly would be some sort of 9mm carbine....again tons of ammo around and pretty accurate and dependable.

Mine is geared more towards the shtf aspect of it, but the 308 will kill everything in North America.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BuckMark

Spike
Drake Hunter Stalker Long Action SWS in 30.06 for long Range work

Kimber Montana Classic Select in 30.06 for when it's nice out

Remington Mountain SS 700 in 30.06 for when it's not nice out

M1 Garand Tanker 30.06

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
Drake Hunter Stalker Long Action SWS in 30.06 for long Range work

Kimber Montana Classic Select in 30.06 for when it's nice out

Remington Mountain SS 700 in 30.06 for when it's not nice out

M1 Garand Tanker 30.06

You forgot to mention .30-06... you should revise your list...

Last edited: