Corning Season is here ...... Already

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Boys are getting started early this year. I am seeing atvs on trailers with bags of corn..... Got to love deer hunting in the CAROLINAS....
Them boys in Virginia must be rich saving all that money on corn.:D

BASSFAN07

Twelve Pointer
Lol. I've already gone through 40 and picked up 80 more yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NCHNTR

Old Mossy Horns
Y'all fatten me up and scare em my way so my son can whack em [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
Been getting some awesome videos on my game cameras in both Watauga and Allegheny Co. Three different bruins and some awesome looking "horns". Just hope they stick around until Sept. Wish I could find another site to upload videos. Went to Photobucket to upload latest coyote story/photos. WTH they want you to use Facebook AND they want to collect your life history. I said no thanks I'm not going to share my e mail contacts with them plus a lot mor info they want to collect. Anyone got any good alternatives for uploading videos/photos? Would appreciate the info.

Last edited:

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Been getting some awesome videos on my game cameras in both Watauga and Allegheny Co. Three different bruins and some awesome looking "horns". Just hope they stick around until Sept. Wish I could find another site to upload videos. Went to Photobucket to upload latest coyote story/photos. WTH they want you to use Facebook AND they want to collect your life history. I said no thanks I'm not going to share my e mail contacts with them plus a lot mor info they want to collect. Anyone got any good alternatives for uploading videos/photos? Would appreciate the info.
You need to keep reading the fine print, almost $300 for third party hosting. Ain't gonna happen. What few vids I share will go through YouTube. I'll store pics. and vids on a flash drive.

My corn supplier was sold out last week, a feed &seed store ...said they been selling it by the pallets here the past few days...them VA boys are getting it done too...at least till cutoff day ....;)

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I was in Moore county today and I bet I saw 10 different trucks hauling corn. Folks were in Carthage Farm Supply buying up the cob corn and bug repel....
tis the season ;)

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Fresh corn is being picked locally. The next few weeks will see a lot of corn heading to the grain bins and corn piles in the woods.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

25contender

Twelve Pointer
No corn here but there deer are tearing up the fields. Lots and lots of acorns around. Been shooting the bow every evening as usual.

Six Pointer
My corn supplier was sold out last week, a feed &seed store ...said they been selling it by the pallets here the past few days...them VA boys are getting it done too...at least till cutoff day ....;)

I work in Va, live across the line in NC. Don't think that on "CUT OFF DAY" the corn stops. Goes on all season long. Still don't see the difference in someone planting corn and bush hogging the corn and putting corn on the ground out of a bag, it is still corn on the ground.

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I work in Va, live across the line in NC. Don't think that on "CUT OFF DAY" the corn stops. Goes on all season long. Still don't see the difference in someone planting corn and bush hogging the corn and putting corn on the ground out of a bag, it is still corn on the ground.

The neighbors like to dump their empty corn bags at the entrance to our hunt club. I wonder if I am the only one that doesn't put out corn.

Last edited:

I was just giving the law abiding folks the benefit of the doubt...but I agree , corn is corn regardless how it gets put out ..but on another note not everyone can grow a corn field ,so I guess that's how there looking at it ...we are definitely gonna grow corn on our leases next yr , just another loophole I guess...

Six Pointer
Well said duck mauler. Rich man loop hole. Average Joe can't afford to plant corn and bush hog just to hunt over. I would think building a pond/duck impoundment to plant corn and then flood would be out of 90% of the average duck hunter's budget.

Last edited:

darenative

Twelve Pointer
The neighbors like to dump their empty corn bags at the entrance to our hunt club. I wonder if I am the only one that doesn't put out corn.

It's not my cup of tea either. I don't have a problem with those that do it, but for what i'm hunting it's often counter productive.