Turkey Taxidermy

VikingsFan8178

A guy has had my turkey since Spring of 2016. I had no clue that his business practices were a little suspect. Also, it was my first turkey and knowing what I know now, I would have made sure that he was known for doing good turkey taxidermy.

Anyway, I am pretty sure that he has likely not ever started because he so far behind and always making excuses.

If I am able to get my turkey back and get it to a real pro, is it too late? I am guessing these things can only be in the freezer for so long before things go wrong???

Any input is helpful.

Oh, and if he has started, and the work ends up being pathetic, could a good taxidermist make it look better?

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Feathers are tough if he has made a mess of it but could be improved you'll just have to see if worth it. As far as if still in freezer just depends unless he got head freeze dried it is probably shot most use fake anyway so no big deal there skin and feathers will depend on freezer burn seen one last 2 years and still fine

stilker

Old Mossy Horns
Give him a call about it,you may be next in line,if he does great work it will be worth a years wait.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
A guy has had my turkey since Spring of 2016. I had no clue that his business practices were a little suspect. Also, it was my first turkey and knowing what I know now, I would have made sure that he was known for doing good turkey taxidermy.

Anyway, I am pretty sure that he has likely not ever started because he so far behind and always making excuses.

If I am able to get my turkey back and get it to a real pro, is it too late? I am guessing these things can only be in the freezer for so long before things go wrong???

Any input is helpful.

Oh, and if he has started, and the work ends up being pathetic, could a good taxidermist make it look better?

Go get it and take it to craig hall. he is the best in the business on giving you a reasonable date. Slightly north of mebane.

call him at 919 304 5059 and ask your questions here with him. he'll help you salvage this.