Spanish

Part-time hunter

Ten Pointer
Variable winds less than 5 knots changing to sse later in the morning and 2 foot seas. Sounds like a good day to troll for some Spanish and blues off Carolina Beach.

Part-time hunter

Ten Pointer
Ended up catching near 50 Spanish but only 10 were over the 12 inch limit. Also got one nice bluefish. One of the smallest Spanish had its tail bitten off by something as I was reeling it in. Wish I'd gotten that in the boat. Oh well, another day in paradise.

fowlplay'n

Twelve Pointer
Sounds like a fun day! The wind has kept us from getting out the inlet since May of this year. I've gotten much better at flounder and drum fishing but I'm looking forward to a change in the winds this fall and getting back out to troll for spanish and kings again.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
Ended up catching near 50 Spanish but only 10 were over the 12 inch limit. Also got one nice bluefish. One of the smallest Spanish had its tail bitten off by something as I was reeling it in. Wish I'd gotten that in the boat. Oh well, another day in paradise.

What did they eat? I'm going to give it a shot this weekend with my kids if the weather will cooperate.

Jake NFC

Twelve Pointer
We got on them good out of Shallote Inlet yesterday. Fished a spoon on the planers and pulled a mackeral tree on top behind a bird. Every pass through a bait got a fish.