Penn Reel Repairs

boomer

Twelve Pointer
I am looking for someone that can work on an older Penn 705 Z reel. The guy that I normally use is taking a break for awhile and I would like to see how much it would cost to fix this old reel. I am in the Sanford NC area but I can travel to get the reel to someone who is reliable . Thanks for any info.

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
I know a few guys around Wilmington but honestly a lot of the guys I know send their reels to Ricks reel service in Florida for work

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Mojo's tackle in north raleigh works on reels. Not him for say but a guy that does good work and picks up about 1 to 2 times a week. 1 to 2 week turn around pending parts.

boomer

Twelve Pointer
I ended up taking it apart ,found the issue and ordered parts from Scott's Bait & Tackle. Just waiting on the parts to come in and to put it back together and to see how good of a reel "mechanic " I am.

boomer

Twelve Pointer
That is my back up plan if I cant get it to work, box it up and send it to repair center.

Kane_b

Six Pointer
I am looking for someone that can work on an older Penn 705 Z reel. The guy that I normally use is taking a break for awhile and I would like to see how much it would cost to fix this old reel. I am in the Sanford NC area but I can travel to get the reel to someone who is reliable . Thanks for any info.

If you call up EJW outdoors in Morehead city, the reel guys in the back can more likely than not fix any Penn or Shimano reel you bring in. They have been doing it for years and know what they are talking about. Let me know if this helps. They are top notch reel repairmen.

mattharris0414

There is a place Goldsboro that has a very good reputation. The name is either coastliners or crestliners i cant remember which one it is.

boomer

Twelve Pointer
Thanks for the info guys,but I got the parts in and fixed it myself. It took more time than I thought but I finally got it back working. Had to replace 3 springs,1 gear,the bail arm,the bail, the bail release arm and an assortment of screws. While I had it all open, I stripped it all the way down and gave it a complete cleaning and put all new grease in. She is now good as new and ready for fall fishing at the beach.

2boyz

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Thanks for the info guys,but I got the parts in and fixed it myself. It took more time than I thought but I finally got it back working. Had to replace 3 springs,1 gear,the bail arm,the bail, the bail release arm and an assortment of screws. While I had it all open, I stripped it all the way down and gave it a complete cleaning and put all new grease in. She is now good as new and ready for fall fishing at the beach.

Good job. Thanks for the update.