WRC wants turkey sightings

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
See a Wild Turkey? Let us Know!

The Wildlife Commission is asking North Carolina citizens to enter sightings of any wild turkeys they see into an online database, until Aug. 31. The information gives biologists an indication of annual wild turkey productivity, gobbler carryover and other population trends — all of which help the Wildlife Commission manage the state’s turkey population. To participate, visit the Wildlife Commission’s website.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Survey started July 1 and runs through the last of August. You can get a report card through the Commission website but at this point you will probably be put on the mailing list for next year.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Don't know what to say on this one JLewis. I'll admit, I didn't read the entire post because I had already seen it in the e-mail blast from Wildlife. But going back and reading, I can understand your question. Below is the link which ws given in the e-mail but I can't find where it gives any information about any online entering of information.

http://www.ncwildlife.org/Learning/Species/Birds/Wild-Turkey#2489429-detailsbrbr

As I stated earlier, they send out report cards about a month before the survey starts. If you have never participated, you can request a card by calling or e-mail. At the end of August, the cards are mailed back in for the information to be compiled and the results are available online later in the year. I know that there are several here that participate annually and everyone who turkey hunts is encouraged to get a card and participate. The more information the better.

brucesmith0817

Six Pointer
I didn't under stand post so I replayed to you sometimes I'm not to smart tried to make a repot by phone says I have to use computer so,much for that

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Thanks wolfman. I had never seen that online and had looked before. Guess I still like getting something in the mail that isn't a bill. 2 hens, 3 gobblers and 1 ? so far for me. Not much for a whole month.

hawglips

Old Mossy Horns
I've seen 2 gobblers and 5 more adult turkeys that I think were also gobblers - in Harnett Co.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I've seen 2 gobblers and 5 more adult turkeys that I think were also gobblers - in Harnett Co.
Sounds like you were within a mile of my house
:)
I don't know what it is going on but the turkeys have moved off the little River and up near me for once. I hope they stay up here.

Last edited:

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Sounds like you were within a mile of my house
:)
I don't know what it is going on but the turkeys have moved off the little River and up near me for once. I hope they stay up here.

pour out wheat instead of corn. who cares about a stinkin deer. :)